| T O P I C R E V I E W |
| Pua Kai |
Posted - 12/31/2007 : 12:42:05 AM Aloha all - If you're going to be in town (SoCal) for the Slack Key Festival on Jan 20th and are interested in a workshop with Jeff Peterson, or a less formal informational session session with Ozzie Kotani, contact me and I will give you more information on what's going on. I live 2 miles west of the Performing Arts Center where the festival is being held and will have my home open for hanging out/jamming etc. Be sure to get your tickets for the show!!! n |
| 11 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First) |
| Mika ele |
Posted - 01/22/2008 : 1:17:59 PM Karl, If you look at the photo that Steven posted on the SOCAL SLACK KEY FESTIVAL topic, you can see RIK dead center front row. He is STILL a slacker.
|
| Karl Monetti |
Posted - 01/21/2008 : 10:30:27 PM Mila ele, you make it sound like turning 50 is a death knell! So what?! I like Ex Slack, but only if it is not true; I do hope he is still playing. Anyone have recent contact iffo?
|
| Pua Kai |
Posted - 01/21/2008 : 02:42:34 AM Oh Man!!! Two fabulous workshops on the same weekend! My thanks to both of these kumus to take time out of their very busy schedules here on the mainland for the slack key festival. They are 2 of the very best and do such an excellent job of giving us enough material to keep us busy for months, or in my case, years. And a big thanks to the locals, and many not-so-locals for coming and making these a success. We really had a good time!!! Pulikis to each and every one, and keep in touch so we can. . . Kani Ka Pila!!! n |
| Mika ele |
Posted - 01/19/2008 : 3:06:06 PM Attended a workshop with Jeff the other night. EXCELLENT. He had something for everybody and lots of good information to share. Nice guy to boot! |
| Mika ele |
Posted - 01/19/2008 : 3:04:54 PM slkho (aka Rik) (aka Ex Slack) turned 50 recently. |
| Karl Monetti |
Posted - 01/18/2008 : 10:44:36 PM Nancy, How is old slkho anyway? Haven't seen or heard anything of him lately, glad to see he is still making the ipus. Wish I could make it down there again, but going to winter camp (my wife just loves to tell people she is sending me away to camp, the big baby) takes a lot of bucks, and, since Susan teaches and cannot join me, it can almost qualify in the "once-in-a-wifetime" trip category...except this is my second time and she is still with me. So far. |
| Pua Kai |
Posted - 01/16/2008 : 12:32:28 PM Aloha e Karl! Hope to see you this far south again one of these days. Jeff was at Keoki's camp in Pahala last month and we were blown away by his teaching skill. I think we got very very lucky to have both Jeff and Ozzie agree to work with us this weekend. It's going to be awesome seeing everyone Sat night and sunday as well. For any of you interested, be sure to look at the stage at the left and right front corners for Rik Nieves' ipus. Some are decorated, some not. All for sale. Aloha! |
| Karl Monetti |
Posted - 01/14/2008 : 9:25:43 PM I attended a Jeff Peterson workshop in Alaska in August. One of the best 2 your sessions I've ever attended. Really good for beginners as well as intermediates such as myself. And of course he could teach any level player some pretty neat stuff. Good tabs, too. |
| dennyb |
Posted - 01/13/2008 : 6:34:12 PM Wow! I would like to attend these workshops...I will email you for more info thanks! dennyb |
| Pua Kai |
Posted - 01/05/2008 : 11:16:34 AM These are the facts as I currently know them: Jeff Peterson is kind enough to offer us workshop at $40/person, here in Manhattan Beach at 11:00 AM Saturday, Jan 19th. Unless there is strong input to change, the subject will be a follow up to his theory classes given last month in Pahala, including additional songs. I believe anyone with some ki ho'alu experience will really enjoy whatever Jeff has to share. On Sunday, Ozzie Kotani has consented to join us here in Manhattan Beach for a more relaxed session, including question and answers - more free-form; and he will be bringing TAB! There is no charge per se, but hopefully folks will be very generous as we "pass the hat". I am thinking that this will start at 9:00 to give Ozzie and Mitch plenty of time for sound-check and to get ready for the big festival. Please contact me and I will send out info as I get it. You are welcome to "hang out", talk story, jam, here before the festival. It is 2 miles west of the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center. Sure sounds like fun, Yah?? auntie nancy |
| chunky monkey |
Posted - 01/02/2008 : 12:36:56 PM Nance, Looks like Mary and I are going to the Makaha Sons on the 19th at Whittier (3:00 show) and will probably stay up there (somewhere) Sat Night. So, we'll probably try to stop by your place Sun AM to see Ozzie. |