Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply. To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
T O P I C R E V I E W
Mark
Posted - 02/20/2008 : 2:16:46 PM Aloha All -
If you live anywhere near Seattle-- or even if you don't -- you've got a number of great slack key and `ukulele workshops coming up at Dusty Strings.
First off are "The Ladies of Slack Key"-- Owana Salazar & Cindy Combs. They will present a very special workshop on March 16th. Don't miss your chance to learn from two of the finest guitarists touring today.
Then I blow into town for a pair of slack key workshops on 29th. As I have done in the past, the two will be related, with the first a little more basic than the second. I'll concentrate on getting the right feel, hitting all the vamps and double stops, playing by ear and tab, etc. I'd like the second class to be mostly about improv, accompaniment and playing together... but, as always, suggestions cheerfully taken.
On Sunday, grab your `ukulele and join me for two very different classes. Fist up is "Fun With Your `Ukulele." If you were at the Aloha Camp, you know what to expect-- a bunch of songs and tricks to fool your fingers into playing better than they thought you could.
Then for all you hotdogs-- Bossa Nova. Yep-- the real deal, funny chords, great syncopation and all. You will need to be comfortable with chords beyond the usual C,F and G... or at least be willing to try.
Posted - 02/24/2008 : 7:41:08 PM We also play music. From Molokaʻi to Seattle. The Hawaiian influence spreads.
wcerto
Posted - 02/21/2008 : 1:09:44 PM You guys have all the fun.
noeau
Posted - 02/21/2008 : 10:39:11 AM Way cool! Saw the posting in Dusty Strings newsletter. Iʻll see if I can set asidd time for the wokshop. Lunch maybe or dinner can be squeezed in?