Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 New to the site -
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dana Sheppard
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  6:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I took a Slack Key workshop from Mark about a year ago and have played a little since then, just learning a couple of tunes in Taro Patch. I recently took my guitar to Florida, and wrote a simple piece in Taro - I'd like to post it and get some (gentle!) feedback/suggestions on the song. I'm not setting myself up as a writer here, but it was fun to try and come up with something in the style, and I'd like to see how it can be improved. What's the best Forum topic to post a file in PowerTab?

Bummed to hear the June Aloha camp is off - that would have been in my plans, but can't make the February one!

Thanks,
Dana

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the 'Patch, Dana. I don't know about Power Tab, maybe someone else is more knowlegable on that. I it a tab writing software?
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Dana Sheppard
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  4:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, PowerTab is a writing software - it gives a treble clef stave and a TAB stave - it's got a variety of tunings available, or you can create one. Pretty handy!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  01:26:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Dana. You could put yourself on You Tube. If you do not like for someone to see you, you could just put the music part.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  01:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha nui! E komo mai k ka lo'i kalo! I would love to hear your music. Slack key is so nahenahe, and I am blessed to have been introduced to it, as well as any other type of Hawaiian music and music in general that I have heard thus far.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha and welcome to the Patch Dana! Glad that you found us. We are like a big virtual family. I would also like to hear some of your music.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the patch, Dana! Would you be willing to upload an audio file of you playing the song for those of us who don't read tabs? I'd love to hear how it's supposed to sound.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000