Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Hawaiian LP for sale on ebay
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  6:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Here is a great deal for those of you that collect vintage Hawaiian LP's.

I got my copy for around $5.00 at a local used record store. It's red, also.

Well, at least he is offering free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120438232121

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  10:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
HOLY COW! Is that really the going price for these? Why is it red? I've never seen anything but black, then too, I've never really looked into LP's. Now I know I can't afford to!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  12:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
No, the price is ridiculous...markwitz is being sarcastic. LPs typically run about $5-20 unless they're especially rare.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  12:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
Ouch!!! I'm glad I have all the Hawaiian vinyl I have. Think it's about 350 of them. One of my big finds is an autographed Gabby Pahinui brown album, all the band signed it and Ry Cooder and I got it at Jellys at their old Piikoi location for $4!!! Wonder what that would be worth on eBay?

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  3:43:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by abrigoohana

HOLY COW! Is that really the going price for these? Why is it red? I've never seen anything but black, then too, I've never really looked into LP's. Now I know I can't afford to!

I was being verrrrrry sarcastic. There is no way that album is worth any where near that amout. Nothing special about the red vinyl either. 49th State put out a lot off different Lp's in red vinyl. They ARE really pretty but they don't make the record that much more valuable. I think I probably paid around $5.00 for my copy of this same album and it's also red vinyl by the way. This same guy is also listing a copy of Michael Jackson Thriller for I think $2500.00. There is no way that it could be considered rare since there were about 50 Million copies sold! I think he is just trying to score a big sale to someone totally gullible. But hey, he IS offering FREE SHIPPING!!

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
Mark Twain

Edited by - markwitz on 06/26/2009 3:50:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  3:44:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LovinLK

Ouch!!! I'm glad I have all the Hawaiian vinyl I have. Think it's about 350 of them. One of my big finds is an autographed Gabby Pahinui brown album, all the band signed it and Ry Cooder and I got it at Jellys at their old Piikoi location for $4!!! Wonder what that would be worth on eBay?

Maybe about $20.00 tops. The signatures probably add about $10.00 to its value. It's worth much more to you, I'm sure. Treasure it.

Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  11:06:11 PM  Show Profile
If you don't want it any more, I'd sure take it off your hands for $20. Or more.

Unko Paul has a humongous collection of LPs. We cleaned some out of the bottom of my closet yesterday. One that mustt have been his Unle Carl's is "101 Strings Plays the Blues". When Unk passed away, we may have gotten some of his records. I wonder what that one is worth? But also in that pile are Johnny Winter (I bet his legs were skinnier and whiter than mine), Jerry Jeff Walker, Muddy Waters, the Vaughn Bros. and Hank Williams.

I remember having a yellow LP some time back in hanabatta days. Cannot remember whose it was, but it must have been a pretty normal think to make colors. After all melted vinyl is melted vinyl and it doesn't take much to color it. I just wish I could find an entertainment stand/center that has a slide out shelf for a turntable.

Some of the E-Bay sellers put ridiciulously high prices trying to make you think they have a treasure. It is only worth that kind of money if some poor sap somewhere is willing to pay it. Having a signed record/CD is valuable to me only as a reminder of the fun time I had at the show/concert, etc. when I obtained the music originally. Good for memories and reminiscing.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000