Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Steel Guitar
 Old Lap Steel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  6:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Was wondering if any of you lap steel enthusiasts could give me some information on an old Hawaiian steel we have. It's made of wood, and has the hollowed out neck. Inside the sound hole is a picture of three musicians playing with an old fashioned mic in front of them. The picture is on a gold colored background, it also says "Hawaii" and "Price $35.00". The neck has an old paper fret board on it that is numbered from 1 to 17, and the instrument has the old zither tuners.

Mahalo,
Lanet and the Abrigo Ohana

Jimmie
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  08:27:20 AM  Show Profile
That sounds a lot like the inexpensive Radiotones produced out in L.A.
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  08:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Jimmie,

I can't seem to find anything on the Ringtones on the internet. I really don't care if it's a cheapy, we love it very much, just want to know more about it. If you know where I might find more info, please let me know.

Mahalo, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Hookani
Lokahi

232 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  08:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Anything like these - http://www.drewdotcom.com/hollowneck/about_home/guitars.html

Ho'okani

Ke Kani Nahe
YouTube

Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Aloha Uncle Derek,

The body is similar to these, but it's way older, and it has zither tuners. Maybe I could bring it to the next kanikapila at Pizza Bob's and you can take a look at it? It's such a beautiful old piece, the kids love playing it. You know how it is with instruments in my home. I just leave them lying around, and pretty soon the kids start playing them. These last few days Emily's taken to the keyboard, and Timi's been playing his banjo and Quinn is singing and singing and singing! Ah, I love my children!

Mahalo, Lanet
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000