Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Waimea Brewing Co. in Kirkland, WA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2004 :  3:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

A co-worker asked me about the Waimea Brewing Co last week. I hadn't even heard of it. So over the weekend Sue and I wen hele over to Kirkland for lunch and a beer.

My Review:

- The beer was quite tasty, even by our strict PNW standards . I had an IPA that was nicely hoppy. Sue had a very dark amber that had a nice chocolatey feel to it.

- The food was good but very non-traditional. They seem to be going for nouveau cuisine with Hawaiian plate lunch as it's basis. I went with Kalua Pork - my baseline plate lunch - Sue had the Chicken Longrice. The Pig was served over a bed of white rice and shredded cabbage with a hint of a sweet BBQ sauce. The Chicken Longrice was prepared as a soup - kind of a Longrice meets Miso thing. Neither were what we were expecting but neither of us were at all disappointed.

- The ambiance was nice. Good Hawaiian music on the sound system, local-kine plants on the tables and window sills. They didn't go off into some Tiki-tacky nightmare.

All in all, a thumbs up.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000