Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 Hapa: A Collection Of Songs From Their Debut Album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  10:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  8:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi andy,

i've been looking for this book. a friend asked me if i could help him with "patrick's lullabye". it's not a complex song, but there are a few things i'm a bit stuck on. for example, the melody sounds like two measures of G, and in the third measure he is messing around in C. he does it with a simple descending scale - G, F#, E, and then D to be back in the G chord. i'm playing this as a barred C on the fifth fret, then a (umm) Cdim5? (xx2014)

can you tell me if i'm at all close?

thanks,

Keith

Edited by - marzullo on 05/10/2003 8:27:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2003 :  01:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Keith, email me.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2003 :  11:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith,

I agree, e mail Craig. Then me. I'm thinking you mean Justins lullabye.

Aloha,

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2003 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Keith,

Did you get the info you were looking for? When I listen to Justin's Lullabye, I always think it sounds easy (and slow) enough that I should be able to play it. Then when I try to play along with the CD, I cannot seem to figure it out quite right. I'm too lazy to consult the book (call it ridiculous!)

On a different note, I'm planning to perform Haleakala Ku Hanohano and Ka `Uluwehi O Ke Kai in a couple weeks. It's safe to say that I'm no Barry Flanagan but it'll be fun anyway.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2003 :  2:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
folks, thanks to all for the e-mail offers of help! i appreciate them all.

mike, yeah, i meant "justin". umm, they both have two syllables, both starting and ending in vowels? what's my name again?

andy, that sounds like fun. both are great songs. are you going electric? i love the way they keep adding the instruments on their version of "ka 'uluwehi o ke kai" - ya gotta keep the blues harp playing the turnaround!

thanks, all

Keith
Go to Top of Page

locomoco
Aloha

Korea
5 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  6:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone still have this book?
Please e-mail me at locomoco @ naver.com if you're willing to sell your copy.

Edited by - locomoco on 08/03/2017 2:36:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  5:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy, do those old posts bring back memories
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly