Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Kine Bass
 Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  05:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever we go to island festivals one rarely sees a standup double bass, but often an oversize guitar looking bass. I own an Ibanez AEB100E. It does not have a lot of acoustic output, but enough for a couple of acoustical jammers. The AEB100E's Fishman Sonicore pickup and SST preamp adjust for a natural bass sound through all types of bass amplification and P.A. systems I've tried. The SST pream has controls for volume, shape, bass, middle, treble and phase. There's also an onboard chromatic tuner. The action is like butter and makes for fast movement with the rosewood fretboard. One has to make sure and keep their hands on the strings between songs, or a howling acoustical feedback will result. The visual of an acoustic bass goes a long way with island acoustic music, too.

I do not recommend using one without amplification, except in up close jamming situations. It works well with my Roland Microcube Bass RX on the B Man setting with compression on. Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!

kihoaluatl
Akahai

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  4:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a Tacoma Thunderchief acoustic bass that sounds pretty good acoustically and is even better using the built in pick up. there is a cheaper version made by Olympia OB3CE but i agree like ricdoug says best played through an amp or PA.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  06:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one of the Olympia basses. Not bad, not quite as nice as the Tacoma version but pretty good. I should play it more than I do. So many instruments, so little time....

I agree that it has to be plugged in for anything more than practice in the living room.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000