Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Martin CEO-7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read the review of this guitar in Acoustic Guitar and they were very impressed. It's hyped as a Gibson small body but a real Martin at heart. Mahogany and spruce. I guess it's an 00 but modeled after pre war Gibson L series. I'd like to try one, but in a city and county of 3 million+ (San Diego), there is not one to be had. And I can't order one without paying up front and I won't buy anything that I can't play. Not that I need another guitar, but this sounds interesting. Street price is supposed to be about $2400. Anybody had a chance to evaluate this rig or maybe comment on playing slack key on this kind of small body guitar?

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing against Martin, but for that amount of money, there are some awesome hand made small shop luthier guitars on the used market.
Lots of "parlor" models out there from well known builders.
It might cost you the price of shipping for the trial period if you can't find one locally. Too bad Buffalo Bros is gone. They had some nice ones.
You may also want to consider that there is very little body size difference between this guitar and you K12. The short scale is different if that matters to you, but body size is not significantly different.
Dave

Edited by - salmonella on 07/21/2014 07:59:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000