Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Slack Key Guitar Combo PA/Amp for $129 bucks...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm always on the lookout for today's cutting edge gear. Face it, most musicians work with a limited budget. The need for quality, professional gear at an affordable price is growing.

Acoustic Amplification has stepped up to the plate with their new A20. The front shows the wide array of tonal and feedback controls. For effects, there are separate and switchable Chorus and Reverb controls. There are two XLR/1/4" inputs with separate volume controls. This allows you to use a variety of instruments and microphones, to fit your sound situation. There is a 1/8" AUX In for MP3 and CD players, along with a 1/8" headphone jack for private listening.

On the back, there's a protected switch to switch between 115VAC and 230VAC to allow you to travel abroad and perform on worldwide voltage systems. It also has a sophisticated XLR D.I. output with it's own level control. There's a switch to allow this D.I. to be pre or post EQ, for those fussy sound engineers that want a dry signal to process. There's also a ground lift switch to eliminate issues caused by ground loops.

The speaker is an 8" woofer with a coaxial tweeter for full range response and accurate fidelity. I played an acoustic electric bass, acoustic electric guitar and acoustic electric soprano 'ukulele through the A20 with great results. For an acoustic electric guitar or acoustic electric 'ukulele, the A20 will work fine as a stand alone system for coffee houses and small venues. It will hold it's own on stage with other acoustic electric instruments, but will not keep up with a drum set and an electric guitar. This can be overcome by plugging the D.I. output into the mains and monitors.

For $129 bucks, this gets a two thumbs up rating. Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  10:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.acousticamplification.com/products/index.cfm?catid=2&subcatid=2&modid=13&product=A20

http://www.acousticamplification.com/prodImages/acousticAdmin/products/gallery/A20-Manual.pdf

20W 1x8" Co-Axial Speaker
ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC BASS AMP

Coming Soon!

The Acoustic® A20 instrument amp is designed to provide authentic, pristine tone for both acoustic instruments and vocal accompaniment. It is the perfect compact solution for today’s acoustic-electric musician. Two combo inputs with independent level controls allow for instrument or microphone connection and 20 watts of power drives the studio-monitor style speaker for amazing sound. The digital reverb and chorus lets you dial-in your personalized sound, while the anti-feedback filter eliminates unwanted feedback with ease. A full feature direct out provides the perfect interface for any external PA system, and the monitor style cabinet provides excellent live sound monitoring.

Features
• 20 watts
• 8" full-range co-axial speaker
• Dual inputs with combo XLR-1/4" jacks
• 3-band EQ
• Ported cabinet design
• Digital chorus with adjustable rate
• Digital reverb with adjustable level
• Vari-control feedback elimination
• Full-feature direct output with ground lift, pre-post EQ and level
• Effects loop
• Dimensions: 14.4"H x 13.0"W x 15.8"D
• Weight: 21.5 lbs.

Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  7:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until tonight, when Glenn Alapag of the band Mana played bass through the A20, I was not sure how it would handle a bass in a live setting. I'm now fully convinced. It did awesome with the bass! Ric

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000