Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Some thoughts on the old days
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2016 :  10:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember talking with my Grandfather. He was from northern Sweden back when its main export was people. He said that they had 2 books in the house and music was live. No radio, no devices, no moa nutting. It still takes real folks to play real music in real time. Gadgets can be helpful and distracting, but we're still humans.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2016 :  05:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John and Thumbstruck, I agree. I almost always check in here from my desktop - my aging eyes don't much like reading anything more involved than texts or the briefest of emails on my iPhone. I have the device because of business uses in the field and on the go. I call it my "electronic leash" (not smiling when I say that). And has been discussed here before, many of us have zero interest in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Taropatch is good enough for me. If I have time to waste on the computer then I really SHOULD be playing slack-key guitar or my ukulele. Too bad that some of the folks have moved on, but that just leaves more room here for the cool kids.....

I am often reminded of my wife's late grandmother. Born in 1906, she saw covered wagons, had to learn to crank the Model A before her father would let her learn to drive, and lived long enough to see men walking on the moon, personal computers, and the beginnings of the interweb.
Go to Top of Page

Hula Rider
Lokahi

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2016 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hula Rider's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha! peeking back in after a looooong time off. Good to see Taro Patch is still active! I do a lot of FB, but it's sooooo much nicer here, not so strident.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rememba da Pidgin t'read! Ho, I useta buss up erry morning! Plus, Duke an' Guitarded wen talk story about ono grinds li'dat! Can find in da archives!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000