Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 KITV's Kanikapila Island Showdown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  01:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Fellow 'Patchers

Honolulu TV station KITV is having a Hawaiian music group contest. The contest is restricted to only amatuers. My former group "Ke Kani Nahe" are one of 2 finalists in the competition. I am humbly asking for your support of Ke Kani Nahe. Why? Because all for of the original members met here. We met in person at kanikapilas I organized and because of some chemistry we felt formed the very band I was fortunate to be a member of. The original members of KKN were:

Hookani: Derek "Hookani" Higa--12 string rhythm guitar & lead & back up vocals

olu143:Samson Ah Mook Sang--Bass guitar, back up vocals. Currently playing ukulele lead & rhythm

SM80808:Shawn Machida--Lead guitar

sirduke58: Yours truly Duke Domingo--Slack key guitar, rhythm ukulele & lead vocals

Here is a link to a video by the original Ke Kani Nahe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPv4B_Tarjc
"Ku'u Home O' Kahalu'u"

This is the link for the KITV website

http://kitvtv.upickem.net/upickem/contest/bracketvotes.asp?contestid=268485

Since it is a hard website to navigate (Another Taropatcher "Guitarded") Whose Facebook user name is now "Brah Booze" made a tutorial on how to navigate the KITV website to vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCM-PFREpDY&rdm=2bnanu1k4&client=mv-google&app=desktop

Mahalo in advance for supporting members of the 'Patch. Voting ends on December 2nd. Every vote counts!!!

Warmest Aloha & Mahalo nui loa on behalf of Ke Kani Nahe

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  10:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Duke thats awesome, Good luck! I tried to vote but all the choices say "closed" ?,

Lee
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  06:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same, Duke. Ho, nice, da sound!
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  9:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kihoalukid

Wow Duke thats awesome, Good luck! I tried to vote but all the choices say "closed" ?,

You gotta scroll down the page to find the horizontal slider, then slide that all the way across to the right, then scroll back up again to find the final vote. It's a really bad webpage design, in these days of widescreens.

The last youtube link Duke posted up shows you how.

I registered and voted. KKN has come right up since this morning! A few more votes could put them in the lead.

How come you're not in the band any more, Duke?

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  11:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mahalos Geoff & Guitarded

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  11:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kihoalukid

Mahalos Geoff & Guitarded

Did you manage to figure it out enough to let you vote?

Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did. Thanks!

Lee

Edited by - kihoalukid on 12/02/2016 08:06:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like voting has ended and the other guys ended up with more votes.

Sorry, Duke. We tried for you guys :(

Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  6:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On behalf of the men of Ke Kani Nahe, Mahalo nui loa for the support fellow 'Patchers. Our guys didn't manage to pull out the win but they made a very good showing. I hope this experience yeilds some positive advancements for them.

quote:
originally posted by Eynowd

"How come you're not in the band any more, Duke?"

As with many musical bands, sometimes there are a difference of opinions on music philosophy. I was asked to step out of my comfort zone for a purpose that I felt was counter productive & not worth it. The emphasis was geared more towards "image" while compromising the instrumental aspect of the music. I was always about the instrumental part of performing & put less importance on the visual aesthetics of "image". I put more importance into how we sounded rather than what we looked like. I moved on & so did they. I played in a couple of combos afterwards. I left both of those bands too. For good reason actually. All in all, I guess I'm the actual "High Maintenance One" ( Diva? Bwuahahaha!!) Good thing is that we're all still brothers for life. I sit in with them if needed & vice versa.

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  10:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I hope this experience yeilds some positive advancements for them.

That would be awesome. Still runner up in the comp is still an accolade for them, which could help them if they want get to performing gigs.

quote:
As with many musical bands, sometimes there are a difference of opinions on music philosophy. I was asked to step out of my comfort zone for a purpose that I felt was counter productive & not worth it. The emphasis was geared more towards "image" while compromising the instrumental aspect of the music. I was always about the instrumental part of performing & put less importance on the visual aesthetics of "image". I put more importance into how we sounded rather than what we looked like. I moved on & so did they. I played in a couple of combos afterwards. I left both of those bands too. For good reason actually. All in all, I guess I'm the actual "High Maintenance One" ( Diva? Bwuahahaha!!) Good thing is that we're all still brothers for life. I sit in with them if needed & vice versa.

I can understand that. I've parted company with groups before over differing priorities, including a social music group.

It's still a bummer though.

Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  4:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Da guys wen' come a long way. Congrats foa da effort! Also, it shows dat Hawaiian Music still has audience an' can command attention!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000