Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Jake Shimabukuro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  12:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for those in Denver-Boulder area of Colorado:
coming soon...
Jake Shimabukuro, ukulele - Macky Auditorium in Boulder...
Saturday 02-04-2017 7:30 PM
Macky is pretty big, but who knows...Tickets are still available, varying from the $50- $60 range. We have our tickets, and just looked...Most sections still have open seats...
of course, Orchestra center front section is Sold Out. Bet that section is filled with uke players and groupies. I wonder if there's a Groupie Discount? Or Roadie? I offered to carry Jake's heavy stuff...but they just laughed.

Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra
www.boulderphil.org

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 01/04/2017 12:19:03 PM

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2017 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cool!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  06:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice concert last night.
Usually the Boulder Phil special guests appear in the middle of a full concert, and play a major piece and and encore. This ENTIRE special concert was with Jake on stage.

The Boulder Phil is one of the great "small" city orchestras in the nation, and are in prep for an upcoming appearance at the Kennedy centers SHIFT festival in March...an honor truly deserved.

Jake and his side-kick (bass player Nathan Verner) expressed true wonder at the realization of hearing and performing amidst full orchestrations, as were the sold-out house at Mackey.

Not sure I'm hitting the most salient "facts"...so just a few notes:
Program included:
Blue Roses
Galloping Seahorses
Travels
Ichigo Ichie
Trapped
Hallelujah
Kawika
Nessun Dorma (you know, the Puccini ukulele standard!)
Bohemian Rhapsody
and, of course
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
plus others.
All but a couple were with Full Orchestrtions. Most Orchestrated by Brian Shephard...
Very elegant, allowing both the composition, orchestra and Jake to flourish.
Now that these charts are extant, let's hope they are heard with orchestras around the country and world.
Also, pre-concert presentation by Boulder's vibrant Halau Na "Olapa mmao E Malama Hula.
And post-concert had kids and adults lined up for signing things--and prevalent items, besides cd's or other items were dozens of "kids" with ukulele's to sign!
And heard some great Jake licks coming from that uke line.

Mahalo Jake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000