Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Bridge over...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2018 :  1:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The River Kwai"?
or is that "Bridge over the River Kauai".
No, actually I was just thinking of OUR music, especially the Nahenahe...
So really a "Bridge Over Troubled Water".
Let us use our music, and play for joy.
Times are troubled...they always were, perhaps always will be--or at least have have some ripples... Tis' just the wind.

Thought for today:
Music, it will ease your mind.
Taropatch=Music Therapy
Milepost 974
Burma Shave.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 07/19/2018 1:02:20 PM

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  05:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kapila Kane
Times are troubled...they always were, perhaps always will be--or at least have have some ripples... Tis' just the wind.

This world has always been, and likely will always be, a troubled place. All we can do is share aloha with friends and family, personally do the right thing when the choices present themselves, and enjoy the gift that is music. Whenever I've had a bad day, picking up a guitar or ukulele and playing for 30-40 minutes washes most of it away. Something about being in the moment while making music.... I can't focus on my troubles, or the problems of the world that are way above my pay grade.

And it always helps to turn off the TV and radio news. That will definitely skew your world view to the dark side. Very few among us can actually influence events, and worry is just a waste of energy. Since I stopped watching the media, the sun still comes up every morning, whether I'm fretting about things or not.

Edited by - Earl on 07/20/2018 05:00:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  06:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, from my sometimes related stream of consciousness--
On an early visit to the Big Island, visiting our friends Rich and Babette, who were building their home, they took us across the street where we met Dennis Lake the fantastic Luthier, and his artist wife. Later that week we visited Nancy's booth at an artists market, and we bought this hand-lettered placard from her:

"Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life."

Artistically accented with hand-painted image of a ukulele and acoustic guitar.

Still hangs on the entryway to our guest/music room.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 07/20/2018 07:02:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  2:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"...the sun still comes up every morning, whether I'm fretting about things or not."
While this is obvious, it's the basics we ignore.
Sometimes, especially when on vacation, especially in Hawaii, it's just nice to get off of, or ignore the grid.
Often just a stressor, and probably an addiction.
We still take the Denver Post, (only Wednesday through Sunday) and my wife is definitely a Crossword Queen. She deserves that activity.
But sometimes ignore the "hard" stuff...it's sometimes hard on the nerves.
Hard copy? I'm an old creature of habit...
and the internet is even more addicting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000