Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Topic for the day, week, month or Forever...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  12:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally looked up Beach and Ocean sounds on youtube. Brilliant.
So there's one of Napili looking towards Molokai at sunrise, almost an hour long. It's at the two torches at the boundary of the Mauian--Our Sunset Wall.
Started as an option for meditation, relaxation, etc. But Now, I'm gonna try letting it play in the background while I practice a little later today or early tomorrow. Someone better yell later, "Hey Kapila, did you practice your music?"

"Not yet Braddah."
Viva Napili!
Maybe try this link:
Wait, I may have this exact location incorrect...maybe a different angle and location on Maui...but it's still good for my purposes...

for example, I see towers or something in a line ups the other shore...maybe another location on Maui, and another island that
doesn't fit what I said above...
https://youtu.be/LCc6I-n2UUc

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 10/15/2018 3:12:00 PM

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  2:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for passing this on! I'll keep it on tonight when I play!
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  3:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Location may be looking more toward South(?) from West Maui, and reckon' that makes the cloud blanket over Haleakala with towers climbing upwards. And what I thought was a cloudbank to left is perhaps Kaho'olawe?
Not too important, I would like to be close to the truth!

Please Help me any Taropatch friends, who wish to straighten this mystery out.
But I could have sworn I recognized those palm trees!
And it's still re-playing in High Rotation!

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 10/20/2018 05:11:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  6:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guess is somewhere south of Kihei, looking at West Maui, with Lana’i behind the torches.
Nice.

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2018 :  05:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I agree with Maliko.

Those little white sticks on the distant hillside are the wind turbines up-mauka from the road going past Ma'alaea on the way to Lahaina.

If the video runs a whole hour there should be at least one jet airplane in the distance moving from right to left and then back as it swings south and then turns north to land at Kahului. (unless it was edited out) :-)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  10:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
something else caught my eye...at approximately 39:15, and again at 49:45 there are pairs of Hawaiian outrigger type boats (I should know these terms better) that go out from the right.
And a final single, smaller outrigger at 52:10 from behind the fern on the right.

Someone appears walking in the water, pulling them clear of shore, and then the "canoes" move out quickly. It's cool. Do they take tourists out? It'd be one for my bucket list.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 10/21/2018 10:36:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  07:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kihei Canoe Club hosts visitor paddles. Pono to bring some cash, use fabric rather than chemical sunblocks and know "E Ala E".

Yep, that's Kihei. Many fine years windsurfing out of our condo there. Now sit on the beach and play.

E holo mua
Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000