Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My bypass
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  04:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha all!

I just got home from the hospital after 5 way heart bypass surgery. I'm still feeling kind of rough but hope to feel better soon. I can't even lift and open my guitar case. I got a Calton case for my new Colling's Baby. It's the only guitar I can play with my arthritis.

I hope to be back to it soon.

Dusty

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  04:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dusty, congrats on your "engine upgrade". No surgery is ever fun, but if it lets you be around still to play another day..... The first few days are always tough, but things get better.

I got the clearance yesterday to carefully play finger style from my PT and I'll be out of the sling as of Thursday from my rotator cuff repair surgery. It has been a *long* nine weeks since the last time playing!
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2019 :  5:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dusty,
Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Keep in touch. Maybe I'll swing up to San Clemente this summer.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  06:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even if progress seems slow, quality listening and reading can help the recovery. All activity is mental first. Keep playing in your head.
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  06:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Dusty,

Best wishes for your speedy and pain free recovery. Connie and will be on Maui for George's camp so I hope we can cross paths.

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  04:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garson

Dear Dusty,

Best wishes for your speedy and pain free recovery. Connie and will be on Maui for George's camp so I hope we can cross paths.

Aloha Jim, We can't be there this year. Maybe next year.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  11:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dusty,
I miss the days when we would play weekly at our local Japanese/Korean/Hawaiian Sushi "Palace". I enjoyed closing my eyes and listening to your masterful playing.
E Malama Pono,
Kapena Mika'ele

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2019 :  05:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I meant to give you a howdy, get well soon, etc.
Hope things are progressing, and you're playing now, or ASAP.
Keep it Nahenahe!
Go to Top of Page

HaoleSkip
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  06:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope all going well! I had five pipes done 10 years ago. Outlived the warranty (they told me 5 years), had a couple of new stents three years ago, but still going OK.

Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Mahalo and Aloha!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000