Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 another loss :-((
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2019 :  12:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My apologies to those who have already been informed…but I grieve to inform you that Don Yoder, our beloved and wonderful Dr. Cookie, passed away last night. At this point, there are no plans I can tell you about, but please let me know if you want to be notified when there are. Our regular kanikapilas will continue, and house concerts too.

--Jean S

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2019 :  2:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr Cookie had compiled 3 excellent "songbooks", history, discography, tab, etc. Labors of love, well researched (Cookie had his degree in history), and extremely useful. Many here know just how good those books are. Cookie leaves a big hole in the community - instructor, music coach, song catcher and researcher, kanikakpila fixture.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  06:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were privileged to me Don (Dr. Cookie) a few times at Neeej's kanikapila, for music and talk story. Such a loss. I believe he was working on a fourth volume of the songbooks recently.

Condolences is such an inadequate word.
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2019 :  12:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neeej

My apologies to those who have already been informed…but I grieve to inform you that Don Yoder, our beloved and wonderful Dr. Cookie, passed away last night. At this point, there are no plans I can tell you about, but please let me know if you want to be notified when there are. Our regular kanikapilas will continue, and house concerts too.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. I never got a chance to meet Don in person, but I did correspond with him briefly a few years back when I ordered his three songbooks.

My sincere condolences and aloha to his family and friends.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2019 :  04:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, he was getting close to finishing volume 4 of his books...and we will see it through for him, and let you all know when 'tis done.

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2020 :  10:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anybody close enough (or rich enough) to come, there’s a Life Celebration for him on Jan 12, at Da Tiki Hut in Tacoma, noon to 4pm. We’ll hug, laugh, & sing him on his way, so come if you can.

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000