Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 is this forum wilted?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

basilking
Lokahi

124 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2020 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like interest [at least here] has waned.
Is this place subject to climate change...?

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  05:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Activity has waned over the last 3-4 years, certainly. Many have moved over to FB for their on-line social interactions. There are still plenty of us that prefer this format for a variety of reasons.

I scan here almost daily and respond when it is relevant. Admittedly my level of *all* forum participation (mostly guitar and ukulele forums) has tapered off lately. Ebb and flow....
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  5:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I concur. I check it daily and I try to fire it up on occasion. But da main ting, how come you fallas all futless? I one old fut, shua le, but you young fallas, you da fucha. I'm not the da most akamai bugga, but I can teach someting. Just try ax us.
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  10:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, li' dat.

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  07:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In today's society, music is a "product" whereas in reality, music is "communication". This place is way more fun than FB, but, what do I know, both my grandfathers were born before the annexation of the Islands.....
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  08:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, visit here almost every day. Indeed, it has become not much used, and I see a lot of Taropatcher's posts on FB. I'd hate to se it go!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  10:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's like an old friend. As long as it's here, I'll drop in occasionally.

We're a mixed bunch of enthusiastic, with extremely bright yet kind people, or at least ...and perhaps quirky bunch, (back off, we're musicians--or at least wannabees!)

But here, I feel be-friended, surrounded with like -minded people I've actually got to meet and play with...perhaps even nurtured, safe, and thankful.
I went to my first slack key camp at George's in 2004, and what a year. Andy was there, which is a long flight. I believe Taropatch even co-sponsored or had a Raintree guitar giveaway? And if that's not a accurate memory, that's not the main point here.
What ever happens down the road...Thank You Andy.
I mean, Mahalo Nui Loa.
On Facebook I find some good stuff...
But here, we've go Aloha. It's the gentle wind that surrounds our flotilla.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2020 :  2:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Networking at its best. I've met Duke and Peter, and through them, Oz and the Abrigo Ohana plus others. Respect for tradition, ability, and innovation, plus recipes, remembrances from small kid time, jokes, talk story....eat yer heart out, FB. Zuckerberg could learn a few things from Andy!
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  06:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did ol' bat's memory ain't what it used to be, & I just plain forget to check in. Now I've put it on my calendar...mo bettah <GG>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  4:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Us guys, we going make on pact, try check every day, if can. Spread da Aloha, main ting, yeah? Still futting around wit F wahine. but den I go back to da comfort zone, Taro Patch, da bagga is garrenz.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  06:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mpi 50, I been working on playing in C while in plain ol' G Taropatch. Plenny tunes can be played in C in G tuning, but cannot play'em in G. Funny, ya?
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  08:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not every day but close. Won't ever do FB. It's a matter of principle. I still drive a truck with roll-up widows. I miss reading RJS, Reid, Kevin Brown, Puakai, Capt Mike, Dusty and Lawrence. Even Duke isn't here as much. Auwe.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  08:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing so constant as change....
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Aloha e Chunky, et al... :-)

I also check everyday but do not post very often.

I too, will not touch FB, not even with a 10,000 foot pole! (which is about the distance from me to Zucks's Palo Alto houses).

"Taropatch Dying" threads have re-appeared several times over the last few years. As long as Andy keeps the server going there will be someone who posts at least every once in a while!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

mpi_50
Lokahi

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2020 :  4:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send mpi_50 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Howzit, Hey bradda tumstuck, you mo betta den me. If can play in one tuning dassit, nuting else. Kinda lolo like dat. During my last deployment, to Iraq, I was warned about facebook and those smart watches. Gotta be dumb to have either one, in a combat zone, at least.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2020 :  06:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Playing in C in Taropatch not too hard, but richer in Drop C. Playing in F ok in either, but try droppin' all the strings down a full step to Drop Bb---downright wealthy <GG>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000