Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Keola Beamer in Boise JAN 22
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2021 :  06:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Keola and Henry Kapono will be playing a show in my favorite room in Boise, the Egyptian Theater. This appears to be part of a northwest tour, but I am so glad that some slack-key is stopping in Boise for once. The last Masters of Slack Key show for March 2020 was delayed then ultimately cancelled due to the plague.

rleach
Akahai

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2021 :  06:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucky you. Hope you make it out to the show and let us know how it was.

Ron Leach
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2021 :  07:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have my tickets already - third row stage right. And I'm letting my ukulele club and other friends know about the show when we perform at the senior center tonight (first time in months).

There are many shows all up and down the Left Coast, but few of them venture very far inland to Idaho. Boise is a way point on the tour, not a destination. We get many touring acts passing through on weeknights, moving between Denver or Salt Lake City en route to Portland or Seattle. So we are always grateful when there is a local show, and support it. This wonderful venue seats about 900 and is usually sold out.
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2021 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alas & alack...in spite of trying hard, Keola couldn't fit in a stop in the Seattle area :-(

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2022 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We missed the Keola Beamer / Henry Kapono show on JAN 22, as we were both sick with da 'Rona right about then. Auwe!

One of the very few slack key shows that get this far inland, and we had to pass.... I'm trying to play more ki ho'alu to make up for it.
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2022 :  3:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Auē nō! Mebbe we fly out Boise for kanikapila bumbye?

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2022 :  05:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan, Maliko. At the moment we don't have a guest room to offer during a visit, but I would be happy to meet you at Nampa airport and provide ground transport.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000