Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Uncle Danny Kaopuiki
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2022 :  3:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We lost Uncle Danny today. He was THE kupuna in the PacNW. Just about everyone in the Hawaiian community in the upper left hand corner of the map knew him. I had the honor of playing music with him over the last 20+ years. He will be greatly missed.

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2022 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad indeed. I will miss him also.

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2022 :  1:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aue! The world has indeed lost a real gem.

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2022 :  12:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Auwe! Password trouble has kept me away until now. I owe everything in playing to Danny and iwalani Kamahele! They took me under their wings when I was starting out on my Hawaiian steel guitar adventure. Danny would have me play with him, Iwalni and Bernie Simeona on theirmany gigs around Seattle. They would have me gig with them - I knew I was getting it when Bernie stopped ragging on me. I also owe a huge debt to Thumbstruck as well. We met at a Seattle Folklore society picnic at my house. He said "why don't you try Hawaiian steel? I was playing my 8 string Dobro and I'd play pedal steel if I wanted to go electric. Gordon and Celia Bowker invited Kory and me to stay with them in Kailua, Oahu. I got to meet Alan Akaka, my kumu mele and start taking lessons in Kailua and then by Skype. He got me to join HSGA, and I started playing at their conventions and digging the newsletter. But I owe it all to Danny, who became a great friend. Aloha Oi my friend. I'll see you on the other side.

keaka
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000