Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 Eddie Kamae videos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  11:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The subject of Eddie Kamae videos comes up frequently in other threads, so I thought it might be a good idea to share some information about this topic.

All of the videos which Uncle Eddie & Aunty Myrna made, were done for use by Hawaii's Dept. of Education. Production was handled via a non-profit foundation. The Kamae's would occasionally sell the videos when they were touring and showing their latest films, but the videos were never sold by any retailer. Still aren't. :-(

Some of us were lucky to have purchased copies from them as each was released (mail orders were accepted by the non-profit foundation, for awhile). But I'm saddened to report that Uncle Eddie told me earlier this year that there is no longer a source for the Kamae films...he and Aunty Myrna are now "retired".

I sure hope they get bored soon, and decide to make another film!

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2002 :  11:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Auntie. I've heard wonderful things about the Kamae videos and hope to watch them someday. It's a shame that the work they put into these videos cannot be enjoyed by those who'd like to see them. Hopefully, I'll be able to view them somewhere in the future.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

BODA
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  11:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Auntie Maria

Well I have good news - I have uploaded a few of the videos you inquired about on one of several of my
YouTube channels named - Nature of Hawaii
Videos by Auntie and Uncle Eddie Kamae!
1. The history of the Sons of Hawaii
2. "LIA" The history of a Hawaiian man
3. Ki Ho'alu Slack Key The Hawaiian Way

You along with anyone else can now go see these video here - https://www.youtube.com/user/NATUREOFHAWAII?feature=mhee

I hope this pleases you and everyone else!
Spread the word!
Aloha Nui

BODA

Edited by - BODA on 08/12/2012 5:58:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2012 :  08:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is NOT good news -- you have illegally uploaded copyrighted material. Please remove ASAP.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000