Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Bucket List...1000 posts...perhaps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  08:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, with fewer visitors here it may take a some small talk. But hopefully not too many extraneous posts...I've been here and done that!

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 04/17/2018 09:18:01 AM

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  10:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have that many posts here, but I'm over 1100 at the Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum, and just under 5500 posts on Acoustic Guitar Forum - before I gave up on that one. Obviously I've spent WAY too much time on guitar forums over the last few years.

Good luck getting to your milestone.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  03:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always good to check the past Talk Story posts. Good ideas to punch Duke's buttons!
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  04:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I check every day. C'mon folks! Let's chat.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  05:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Personally, I think 'Olu'olu is more comfortable than Ha'aha'a.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2018 :  11:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slipry1

I check every day. C'mon folks! Let's chat.

I still check in here nearly every day as well.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2018 :  4:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You all are too cool!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  04:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least weekly for me...though I must admit not much lately, 'cause I'm playing with my new knee <GG>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  10:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Nu Ni" for Neeej! I've heard only good things about them!
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  12:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Neej! Make sure you do ALL of your PT! I did, and I haven't had a bit of trouble with my replaced right knee! Are you still doing kanekapilas every other Saturday? I'd like to come.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2018 :  01:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll race you Gordon

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2018 :  05:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neeej

At least weekly for me...though I must admit not much lately, 'cause I'm playing with my new knee <GG>

Both of my new bionic knees are working great, now about 18 months post surgery. As Slipry1 said, be diligent about your PT -- that really contributes to a good outcome. Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo, all...& yah, doing PT all ovah da place (& did nearly 3 months of "pre-hab" exercises before, which I think helped make this so relatively easy)

And still having kanis 1st & 3rd Saturdays :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  04:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pre-hab and rehab are both vital to success. Alice got a surprise call and due to a cancellation is now getting her meniscus trim on Wednesday morning. The first one was three years ago and it worked out great. Now the other knee needs it too. So that makes surgery on all four knees in our house.

At least the cats are avoiding trips to the vet....
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  09:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rehab: yet another reason to play guitar/ukulele and eat cookies!
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  11:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Music was a huge part of my rehab five years ago when a brain tumor suddenly paralyzed the left side of my body. At first, the only thing I could even listen to was instrumental slack-key - everything else was just too intense and immediate sensory overload. When I was getting better and my ukulele eventually joined me in the rehab hospital room, they quickly discharged me from occupational therapy. According to the therapists, singing and playing the ukulele was far better than anything else they could ask me to do while re-learning how to use my left hand and my compromised brain.

The day before I left the hospital, at the insistence of my primary physical therapist, my wife and I played a ten minute flute & ukulele mini-concert for my fellow patients just before dinner. While I mostly did not want to do it, I am glad that we did. Bruddah Iz's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was a big hit among some stoke patents facing really dark futures.

So yes, music and rehab are important. These days I am back to about 95% of where I was musically before the "event". And I am incredibly thankful for everything.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000