Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 newbie here aloha from SF bay area
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1Honu
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2015 :  09:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit?
Honu here total newbie to the Ukulele and lovin it have just discovered slack key style Ukulele also and my love for the Islands gos way back so it just seems natural to end up here . I am an old Hippy child of the earth who by day is a massage therapist and by night im soaking up ALL the Hawaiian culture I can absorb .language music foods customs its all important to preserve .I look forward to learning something every day and I think this site will def help with that

ukrazy
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2015 :  11:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to da Patch.
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2015 :  02:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Chris

Welcome to the 'Patch. We're about the same age & I think it's great that you've taken up the ukulele. It's never too late to get started. I'm a slacker myself who dabbles in the ukulele. I got lots of friends that play & teach the ukulele.

Look up 2 of my buddies that used to be bandmates of mine

Terry Brown (long time uke kumu)

https://www.youtube.com/user/ukulele911

Samson Ah Mook Sang

https://www.youtube.com/user/olu143

I got a lot of Hawaiian music videos on my YouTube channel too under "Duke Domingo"

Stop by. I'm sure you'll find something you like

Warmest Aloha
Duke
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2015 :  06:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e 1Honu,

There are a fair number of Hawaiian events: Concerts, Kanikapila's, Open Mics, etc. that happen in the SF Bay Area that you might like to attend. For some strange reason, the organizers of these things do not post very much on Taropatch.net like they used to. It is strange because it is so easy to post here!

When I post YouTube Video's and then announce them here, my YouTube views increase substantially, so I know that lots of folks still read this board. I think some folks have gotten some sort of Face-Book Brain-Wash psychosis [a.k.a: a Face-Wash ] and only "share" there.

Nevertheless, some of us oldies here are glad to see new folks come around! So feel free to post and participate.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 11/22/2015 06:38:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000