Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My copy of He Mele Aloha arrived today :D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  10:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not an easy book to track down in Australia. Most online vendors won't ship to Australia.

I did manage to find one that did, via AbeBooks. It was listed as a used copy, but when it showed up, it seemed brand new, still in the shrink wrap. So, colour me happy.

I'm planning on attempting to put together a Spotify playlist of all the songs, so I can listen to it in the car. I'm hoping that having the chords to some songs will aid with the whole learning thing.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  05:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Geoff

If you haven't notice, take a look on the "Slack Key Forum" here on TP. Years ago Auntie Wanda Certo compiled an almost complete list of YouTube links for songs contained in the He Mele Aloha book. She painstakingly searched YT for videos to all the song in the book. Check it out because it's a very valuable resource to have an audio/visual reference of the songs. What better way to find out if you'll take a liking to a particular mele?

Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  1:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G'day Duke,

Yep, I've taken a look at Aunty Wanda's YouTube list and it's a thing of wonder. It's actually what gave me the idea.

YouTube is great if you're sitting in front of a computer, but it's not so good if you're driving :)

I have a 30-40 minute commute to and from work each day in the car (about 30km each way), so I use that time to listen to a lot of music. I've got the Spotify app on my phone, so I use that to download music so that I can listen to stuff when I'm offline. I already have one playlist that has about 300+ slack key tunes and I was listening to Jeff Peterson and Dennis Kamakahi on the drive to work today :D)

So, my Spotify list isn't a replacement for Aunty Wanda's Youtube playlist, but an audio-only supplement for it for the times when watching videos isn't really an option, but listening to the music is :D

Go to Top of Page

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  09:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bumping this thread up, Geoff. If you ever get the playlist done and make it public, please share the Spotify title and I'll add it to my listening!

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  3:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tonya

Bumping this thread up, Geoff. If you ever get the playlist done and make it public, please share the Spotify title and I'll add it to my listening!

Hi Tonya,

I did get the playlist done and it is public. (The Spotify playlist title is "He Mele Aloha", if you want to search for it). I had the link in the sticky thread about Aunty Wanda's Youtube list but I've put it in here as well for you

Enjoy.

Edited by - Eynowd on 11/23/2016 3:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000