Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Hawaiian Community in Redding, CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  07:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have friends who have been mainstays of the Hawaiian community in Seattle/Bothell who are moving to Redding, CA, in January. Uncle Wiliama, after suffering some health issues, needs to move to a warmer climate. He and Aunty Nani want to link up with the Hawaiian community in Redding. On-line research has turned up a halau, which is promising. Uncle and Aunty used to run "Ante Nani's," a little cafe/store/hang-out for locals up in Bothell Country Village. Uncle is a talented musician when he can be persuaded to play his `ukulele, but he mostly loves to cook for people and make them happy.

Can any Taropatchers recommend people to whom we can link Uncle and Aunty? Thanks very much.

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  09:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plus, both Uncle and Aunty were in law enforcement in CA years past. Good folks.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  10:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been through Redding a lot on my travels up and down I5. It is very hot in spring, summer and fall, but it snows in the winter and is a lot colder than Seattle. On the other hand, Williama and Nani met in California and so they probably be happier there, if they can connect with the local Hawaiian community. Their place in Edmonds is beautiful! They can probably pay cash for a Redding house with profits from the Edmonds one. I will miss them!

keaka
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000