Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 new local kanikapila
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  06:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have been blessed with two transplants from Hilo that joined our ukulele group in the last month. I now have some support bringing back true Hawaiian music that had drifted away from our play list over time. (Most of our players have little exposure to island music, and just want to play titles from the Daily Ukulele book).

These lovely new folks have told us of a kani at a new Hawaiian restaurant on Friday evenings. I'm excited to reconnect with island music and culture (and food) and maybe find a local slack-key teacher that I can work with.

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  10:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We finally made it to the new kanikapila near Boise last Friday evening at a new Hawaiian restaurant. Good music, good food, good company, and much fun. We are going to be regulars adding to the 5-6 regular guitar and ukulele players that were already there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000