Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Hello Again from Honolulu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ronald
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  3:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm checking back into this website. It's been a while but I've been continually playing my slack key guitar over the years. Can't stop playing guitar. Would like to learn and improve on my slack key playing. Would be nice to jam with others to get better. Like Ledward Kaapana says "jus press". I enjoy playing Hawaiian music using taropatch tuning, drop C wahine, and standard tuning. Most of the slack key that I play, I learned from tablature from books and from classes that I took many years ago from Ozzie Kotani and Lance Takamiya at U of Hawaii non credit classes. It's been fun and still is.

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  9:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Ron,

I'm an Ozzie disciple and I live in Honolulu too. I have a good sized circle of kiho'alu playing friends. We definitely need to get together. I live right next to the Liliha Times Supermarket. Email me at "dukedomingo58 @ yahoo.com" or friend me on FB under Duke Domingo so we can work out the details to meet up. I also teach & through the generousity of Oz, have access to all his tabs if I want it.

Shoots
Duke

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

Ronald
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2017 :  1:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Duke, Thank you for the Aloha. I'll get in touch with you with your email. Hopefully we can make some music together. Should be fun. I'm always looking for opportunities with other musicians to improve on my guitar playing. Also looking for opportunities to perform. That would be fun too. One goal for me would be to play in the Waimanalo Kanikapila. That would be awesome!
Ronald
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000