Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  12:36:05 AM  Show Profile
Just a clarification...for those of you are who are new to the Hoku ballot/voting process.

The initial ballot for the Hoku Awards, is wiiiiiiide open. Every recording in the preceding calendar year is eligible to be nominated (as long as all HARA requirements are met). So this initial ballot is more a "list" than a ballot. As I recall, last year there were more than 200 songs on the "song of the year" list; 40 or so "male vocalist" candidates, etc.

We who are voting members, get this enormous "ballot" in March/April and must choose no more than 5 candidates within each category. These votes are then tallied by HARA committee members.

In late April, early May, we get our _final_ ballot -- the names on this ballot are the official "Na Hoku Hanohano nominees". The HARA website has details:
http://www.nahokuhanohano.org/

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  6:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Auntie,
E kala mai, I realize I'm not aware of the particulars of the awards, or the process. I meant no offense in announcing George's nomination, I just was in my usual ever-so-enthusiastic glee.
All of this music is so good, so important, it must be a challanging task to pick awards. Bless you for your good work and support of this heart-expanding art.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000