Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 John Keawe's Homestead Band
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1005 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  1:11:19 PM  Show Profile
At a condo in Kailua-Kona last week I found a small collection of CDs for guests. The only Hawaiian Music CD in the pile was a CD titled John Keawe's Homestead Band (I think). A much younger John Keawe and I think two other guys. No liner notes. Anybody know about this CD? I'd never seen it before. Thought about "borrowing" it, but didn't.

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2004 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Terry,

You are correct, it was the Homestead Gang. The title of the album is something like "We are all Friends". This was released on Liko Records, which is now a defunct label. The owner has moved on to other things and the Masters for the Liko catalog are stored somewhere in Hilo.

I have talked to both John and the previous owner about rerelease, but it's not really a priority to either one..

It is a sweet album. Takes me back to the 80's Island Rock sound I love so much. Funny, the last time I saw that CD was in a rental on North Kohala. The Homestead Gang was a popular band and I'm sure that most of the copies that exist are probably on the Kona--Kohala coast.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000