Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Music News
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  06:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!! Here's some music news:\

1. This year's Grammy Awards will feature Hawaiian music as one of the catagories! The Brothers Cazimaro, Willie K & Amy, Ho okena (sic) are up for album's of the year as is a Variou Slack-Key music album. So grab a bowl of popcorn & your favorite person and watch.

2. For you SoCal (san diego) slackers, George Kuhomuko, (i suck at spelling) will be at Roy's in LaJolla, Dec 13 & 14, 2004 as well as at SeaWorld later that week. I think it just got posted on Mele.com, you may have to call Roy's for details regarding time, $$$, etc..
pau.
-slkho

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  12:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello All again,
I just called the venue where Uncle George will be playing in La Jolla, CA. and was informed its sort of a private affair being held by the Maui' Visiter Bureau. I assumed because it was on Mele.com it was a scheduled event open to all, but was told otherwise. (wonder why it would be posted then?) Even the event coordinator was unaware it was posted. Sorry for the false alarm.
The Grammy thing is still happening though.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile
George sent me the Roy's gig info -- guess he's not aware that it's a private function?? I've removed it from the MELE.COM calendar.

After years of work by the members of HARA (the folks behind the annual Na Hoku Hanohano Awards), it is a joy to have a full-on Hawaiian category!! No more sliding our musicians into the vast "folk" category. Yay! Nominated albums are:

Amy Gilliom & Willie K
"Amy & Willie Live"

Ho`okena
"Cool Elevation"

Keali`i Reichel
"Ke`alaokamaile"

Brother Cazimero
"Some Call It Aloha"

Various Artists
"Slack Key Guitar Vol 2"

More details here:
http://starbulletin.com/2004/12/08/news/story4.html

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000