Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hui Ohana's "Holei"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  11:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Ross

After aunty maria posted what Led mention about the song holei, and sometimes like sarah said, it's called, "oh kalapana" not long after i ran into my friend kalani that played for the group ohana serenaders, and i talked to him about the song, and he said they were the first to record it, back in 81'.

The problem was, they could'nt release it because there were some songs on the album that was for the family, and some of the family members did'nt want those songs to be exposed. So they have it on what they call the "shelf". It never got released to the public, but i remember hearing it back then, and it's because kalani lived 3 houses from me, when he moved back, and he told me, don't you remember? i came over and we listen to the record. Each member of the group had a copy ( ohana serenaders.) that was almost 25 years ago.

Then he said that Led them recorded it and released it under, Na Leo Kane O Punahele, then changed there name after, to Ikona. The only change in the group was the bass player Bernard Kalua, when he left, Ryan Tang came aboard.

So ohana serenaders did record it first, but Led and the boys was the first to release it. Yes ross the group is called...Ohana Serenaders.
Kalani said there thinking about re-orginizing the group, but he thinks it a long shot. Almost forgot, they did release 2 albums after that,but never did release the first, and thats the song with, Holei or Oh Kalapana.

Malama Pono
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000