Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Old Maui photos
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  06:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Got a digital camera a while back so my neglected camera with film was sitting idly for a long time. Just developed the roll that I had and recovered photos that were almost two years old! Also included Taropatch ohana photos from June 2003 2004. Warm memories.

Taropatch ohana scrambling to take a group photo before darkness (and going to eat) after the Maui Slack Key Festival
L to R: Lynette, Julie, Larry, Debbie, Cynthia, Corey, Popoki, Ed, Andy

Taropatch ohana at the Blue Marlin after the Maui Slack Key Festival

L to R: Slack Key Bill, Auntie Cathe, Hal, Uncle Boy Kanae, Kevin, Lawrence, Debbie, Andy, Julie, Larry, Cynthia, Dan

Andy

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  07:12:23 AM  Show Profile
thanks for posting!!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  3:19:43 PM  Show Profile
Andy,

Check with Kevin. I believe Hal is his cousin. Thanks for sharing some happy faces!
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  5:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Andy
The host for the evening was "Uncle Boy Kanae" ( aka, The Hawaiian Su-pah Man ) right in the back of Hal.

Great Pix.
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  5:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Uncle Kevin! That was a fun time. Look how happy everyone is.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  06:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Kevin, what can you tell us about Uncle Boy Kanae? I don't know him, but he is interviewed on John Keawe's recent DVD and obviously has been around the Hawaiian music scene.
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Terry

Besides being known as the Hawaiian Supah Man, he is also Mr. Aloha.
He has his own production company that puts on concerts, he's a DJ and program director for K-NUI radio station, he's a musician on the side, he played with taropatcher, Don Kaulia who now lives in Kona.

Because of his production company he knows a lot of musicians through out the state, so i can see why he was on john keawes dvd. They use to have a regular gig at the Blue Marlin but, have moved on to other things.

Uncle Boy is a great guy! Once you meet him? you'll know the meaning of....ALOHA....by the way, Boy and I are also classmates, we go waaaaaay back!

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000