Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Patrick Landeza's new Hawaiian Music World podcast
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone,

Check out Patrick Landeza's latest podcast project www.hawaiianmusicworld.com. Tune in for some great music, interviews and even comedy! One can only think that we're in store for more. Go Patrick!
quote:
The Hawaiian Music World-Podcast edition, with Hawaiian musician Patrick Landeza, takes a behind the scenes look at “life on the road” with various Hawaiian musicians. Join him on tour as he takes you backstage up and personal and experience your favorite Hawaiian artists through candid moments, stories, songs and interviews! Be with him hand in hand as he prepares to launch these artists on his new mainland based Hawaiian music label “Addison Street Records”. This show is beyond the Tiny Bubbles and Little Grass Shacks, so hold on tight and join the crew as they travel the world, The Hawaiian Music World!

Andy

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  6:10:34 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the link, andy.
good 'cast, patrick.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  05:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Herb Jr. and Keoki Kahumoku are a couple of crack ups. I felt sorry for Patrick, trying to elicit thoughtful answers from those guys.
But I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks, Patrick.
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  06:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Those guys are HILARIOUS but it is difficult to pin them down! The 2nd episode will be out tomorrow eve! mahalo Pauline and Jesse!

ps
Jesse, how's the falsetto going??

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  08:37:34 AM  Show Profile
What is the link to download the podcast to my iPod? I can oly play it live.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  10:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I especially enjoy that the podcast is more of an informal message to Hawaiian music lovers, but with an irreverant view. I like Keola Donaghy's podcast a lot, but he deals with a lot of heavy issues, like sovereignty and language preservation issues, while I just enjoy hearing about music, life, jokes, whatever.
Patrick, I don't think I'll ever be good at falsetto singing, but I continue to torture the dogs in our neighborhood!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  11:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Andy, thanks for posting this, Episode Two is up and running, I will have episodes once a week for sure, maybe twice but you can count on them being available every Friday..that's all for now and mahalo for the feedback..

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com

Edited by - hwnslacker on 09/09/2005 04:12:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  06:39:02 AM  Show Profile
good, going there now. thanks.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  07:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Patrick is still waiting for iTunes to add the podcast to its directory, but in the meantime you can still subscribe in iTunes. Here's how:

Windows or Mac:

1. Select "Subscribe to Podcast..." from the Advanced menu
2. Copy and paste the following into the text box: http://feeds.feedburner.com/HawaiianMusicWorld
3. Press OK

That's it...new editions of the Hawaiian Music World podcast will now be downloaded into iTunes automatically when they become available. If you have an iPod you can use the Podcast settings dialog to select which podcasts are automatically transferred to your iPod.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  09:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Thanks Craig!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  5:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
FYI... after a few weeks dry spell, I see that Hawaiian Music World Episode 4 has been posted.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  8:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Sorry if I sound really stupid, but I believe in clear representation.
So... I got wintel machine, mp3 player which is not ipod (and don't play to get ipod) -
Can I download those podcasts so that I don;t have to sit in front of this machine in order to listen?
If so, how?

Thanks for any help
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  04:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I enjoyed Patrick's podcast, as well as Piko's (www.hawaiianconcertguide.com), about which there was some controversy on another thread. Piko's featured Jim "Kimo" West, a slacker from Southern California, who plays beautifully and has two albums out.
RJS, I think that you can RIGHT click the link to to the podcast (the tiny speaker icon next to "listen") and choose "save target as" and put the file somewhere you can find it, such as the My Music folder. Then drag that to your mp3 player. These are 20-30 mb, so you need a big player to hold them.
Jesse
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  12:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Speaker icon - that's it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: