Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Keali`i Blaisdell - update
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  7:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message
Aloha kakou,
First I want to say mahalo nui loa to everyone who has so generously donated to the fundraising effort for Keali`i. Your kokua and aloha are truly humbling!

I also want to make it very, very clear that neither Keali`i nor his wife Korrie have ever asked for money or help of any kind. Timmy and I wanted to find a way to help Keali`i, and the ChipIn donation site was the result. Keali`i and Korrie had nothing to do with it - it was set up solely for the purpose of helping them pay medical bills and moving expenses. It is our way of giving something back to someone who has given so much to us through his music and his friendship.

Unfortunately, there are those who would make accusations of fraud against the Blaisdells. Whether or not the person in question is trying to extort money remains to be seen, but their actions are questionable at best, and certainly not pono. Keali`i called me tonight to let me know this was happening. The situation is very upsetting to both him and Korrie, and Keali`i in particular doesn't need this right now.

I know taropatchers will understand whatever decision is made - to continue with the fundraising or to stop it to prevent further upset to Keali`i. If we stop it, I just wanted you all to know why.

Mahalo nui everyone, for everything you've already done for Keali`i and Korrie!

Lynn

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  8:24:15 PM  Show Profile
We should never let anyone stop us from doing what we know is right.

Julie

Instruments;
I tried my hand at many!
But haven't mastered any!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  02:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

We should never let anyone stop us from doing what we know is right.
I agree.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  06:19:54 AM  Show Profile
Gosh darn it, what an awful thing to read this AM! First of all, gifts up to $12500/ year are legal, non-taxable for anyone to anyone. Second, there has never been a tax-deductable inference. I am sure that all of us who haven't gotten to our checkbooks know how to continue the financial support without going to the website.
And like usual, I don't like that the unkind folks remain anonymous. If they're part of our family here, they should act like it or bail out.
When I saw the title, I was hoping the update would contain words of Keali`i making progress with his battle of the brain.
mahalo nui, Lynn, Please keep us informed.
nancy
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  06:28:41 AM  Show Profile
On the upside, congratulations to Keali`i for his Na Hoku Hanohano nomination! Way to go!
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  08:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
A real shame that some people's lives are so troubled that they would expend energy drawing others down to their level, rather than raising themselves up.

Aloha e Momi - and let me second the congratulations. Let's hope Keali`i can attend the ceremonies in June.

Edited by - Retro on 05/16/2007 10:13:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  09:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Anyway to find out who that buggah is -- maybe we can "informally" should him/her how the rest of us feel.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
This is an awful thing that could happen. This is too devasting to read first thing in the morning. I hope that they will catch the person who is doing this. I know that Keali'i and Korrie appreciate all the things that the fellow Taropatchers are doing to help. Keali'i doesn't need this kind of stress right now.

Mahalo Lynn for keeping us updated and for everything that you are doing!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
I do not want anything bad to happen. I hope no one is trying to obtain our money for themselves instead of letting it go to the two of them. However, I think we're doing this for a wonderful cause. Keep the updates coming.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  11:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations to Keali'i for his Na Hoku Hanohano nomination! You deserve it Keali'i! Way to go! Let's all pray that Keali'i can attend the ceremonies in June!

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000