Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Keali`i update 2. New News!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  4:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
I recieved an email from Kanilau from that so-called person Kelly Kanamu and so did many others. My husband and I really don't need this kind of crap from anyone right now, we never asked for money from anyone!

But, I would like to thank all the TP's who has helped us. Thank you very much.

Korrie

Sry, I edited this because it was wrong to name names.

Edited by - kealiiblaisdell on 05/16/2007 5:59:31 PM

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  5:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message
I, too, received an email from "Kelly" (today). I ignored it. She's basically accusing Keali`i of "faking" a stroke, which is preposterous. She's also trying to cause a lot of trouble in other ways. I have no idea why, but I believe the best thing we can all do is ignore her!

My dad had two strokes. I am very, very familiar with the effects a stroke can have. Just talking to Keali`i on the phone, I can assure you all that he is, indeed, suffering the effects of a stroke. (I do know you've never for a moment doubted that.) He can be perfectly lucid one day (or one moment), and the next day or moment he's struggling a bit. He remembers certain people one day, and not the next. He's chatty and sounds in good spirits one day, and he's in the depths of depression the next. He can speak with very few problems one day but struggles to find or say words the next. All this and more is part of what stroke patients go through. It takes time to heal, but he IS healing!

I do hear improvement overall! I just spoke with Keali`i a moment ago, and he sounded wonderful. And just so you know, your very generous donations have gone toward medical expenses. Keali`i is able to receive treatment for various stroke-related conditions, which is a huge relief to me, and I know to him and Korrie! (I know from my dad that the treatment needs to be ongoing if you hope to have the best outcome.)

As for the Hoku nomination - YESSSS!!! Ho`omaika`i!!! (Congratulations!) Keali`i has told me several times that he's had calls from various musicians urging him to attend the ceremony. However, he's not yet cleared to fly. (The airlines require written approval from his doctor, as they don't want to risk a medical emergency during flight.) But even if he can't be there in person, we can still keep our fingers crossed (or VOTE, if you're a voting member!) for a win.

In closing, we will NOT be taking down the ChipIn site. We will continue to provide whatever kokua we can to Keali`i and Korrie - and for as long as they need it. (And it goes without saying that you both have our aloha!)

Malama pono kakou!

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  5:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Korrie and Lynn, just wanted to say mahalo for catching the person who is doing this. I am so sorry that I am going to vent here but it truly upsetting for me to see a person doing this. I truly know for a fact that Keali'i is not "faking" a stroke because whenever I call him he seems to remember me one day and the next day he forgets who I am and thats the effects of a stroke. You see, I had to deal with 2 of my family members who had strokes (my grandfather who since passed on and my godfather who recently suffered a stroke). It truly hurts me and makes me angry that someone will do this. If you are reading this Keali'i, I know that you are healing and I am sending you more prayers your way. Korrie, thanks again for the update and I know that Keali'i or you deserve this kind of crap right now.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  7:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Whomever is sending nasty emails will get their reward someday. My focus will be not on that person but on our dear friends Keali'i and Korrie.

There will always be those who are small-minded and mean-hearted. Ignore them for they are of no benefit to anyone. Including themselves.

I will keep praying for a full recovery for Keali'i ...

Aloha, Julie

Instruments:
I tried my hand at many!
But haven't mastered any!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  1:40:41 PM  Show Profile
That person should listen to Puakea Nogelmeier's well written song, Nematoda.

Korrie - when in a financial bind, health care organizations must serve you and expenses can be forgiven in some instances. If you need help in finding social service organizations to help you, please let me know and I will worth with you to find governmental and other civic organizations that can provide kokua.

Me ke aloha,
Wanda

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 05/17/2007 1:43:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  08:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message
Aloha kakou,
Just wanted to let you all know that the authorities in Alaska, Hawai`i, and California have been notified, and are now investigating what quickly became a very serious situation. A number of criminal and civil charges may be filed against people in both Hawai`i and California. (There's more than one person creating all this havoc, but I don't think it would be appropriate to go into detail - especially if it might compromise the investigation.) It's my understanding that some of the criminal charges may be federal, which tells you how seriously this is being taken.

Keali`i told me yesterday that the legal team from his record label (Faith Music International) is working to protect him as well, which is a relief! Mahalo nui loa, FMI!!!

He, Korrie, and I have been in frequent contact over the past few days, and I have to tell you that although this has been a very disruptive and upsetting situation for both of them, they are handling it very well. Keali`i, although confused and very saddened with regard to why people are doing this to him (aren't we all?), continues to focus his efforts on his recovery. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in his speech patterns in just the past week, which is fantastic news, yeh? I'm also hearing his sense of humor returning at times - like yesterday, when he told me he and Korrie had watched "50 First Dates" and how he could identify!!!

Keep your prayers and positive energy flowing - I know they're helping, and I know how much Keali`i and Korrie appreciate you all!

Malama pono... a hui hou!

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  11:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by lynn

Aloha kakou,
Just wanted to let you all know that the authorities in Alaska, Hawai`i, and California have been notified, and are now investigating what quickly became a very serious situation. A number of criminal and civil charges may be filed against people in both Hawai`i and California. (There's more than one person creating all this havoc, but I don't think it would be appropriate to go into detail - especially if it might compromise the investigation.) It's my understanding that some of the criminal charges may be federal, which tells you how seriously this is being taken.

Keali`i told me yesterday that the legal team from his record label (Faith Music International) is working to protect him as well, which is a relief! Mahalo nui loa, FMI!!!

He, Korrie, and I have been in frequent contact over the past few days, and I have to tell you that although this has been a very disruptive and upsetting situation for both of them, they are handling it very well. Keali`i, although confused and very saddened with regard to why people are doing this to him (aren't we all?), continues to focus his efforts on his recovery. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in his speech patterns in just the past week, which is fantastic news, yeh? I'm also hearing his sense of humor returning at times - like yesterday, when he told me he and Korrie had watched "50 First Dates" and how he could identify!!!

Keep your prayers and positive energy flowing - I know they're helping, and I know how much Keali`i and Korrie appreciate you all!

Malama pono... a hui hou!

That is good news to hear! I will keep my prayers and positive energy flowing for both Korrie and Keali'i.

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo to all of you for sharing all your news with us! Keep it coming, hiki?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000