Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Testing Forum
 Test photoposting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  4:56:35 PM  Show Profile

Thumbstruck, Retro, Noeau, Uncle Danny, Slpry 1. Let's see if this works

Edited by - Momi on 08/07/2007 05:40:30 AM

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  3:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Where was it taken?

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  4:22:29 PM  Show Profile
At Ricky's Bar and Grill in Shoreline on July 14th. This was a last-minute gig Uncle Danny pulled together. I had the best shrimp gyoza I have ever had in my life at Ricky's. Wayne Ikeda, who used to run Clara's in Wallingford, is the chef here. The deck, according to Wayne's dad, is a recent addition. I've heard they're trying to put together music like this on a regular basis, but I haven't heard any further details.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  7:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Momi

I've heard they're trying to put together music like this on a regular basis, but I haven't heard any further details.
Correct - but so many of these folks already have a lot of Saturday gigs, we haven't been able to pull another date together yet - amazing uke player Rod Lopez, Sr. is going to be there August 18, he sez.

Nice folks there - I look forward to getting back up to play again...but it won't be in August, that's for certain. So much music - so little time.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  05:16:51 AM  Show Profile
That's just Retro's "rainy side of the mountains" uniform. It helps highlight the other musicians.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  08:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Al - that is one interesting looking guitar. Nice to see pictures. I like to put faces with the names. No can see Slpry so good. I bet yunz have fun togeddah.

Hah - I CAN see Slpry good...I needed my akamai husband to tell me to cursor over to the right...pic too big for my dinky screen.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 08/05/2007 4:50:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  5:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

How odd. Or does Retro maybe have just the one set of clothes to wear at gigs?
Well, considering that the gig at Ricky's was the reason we had to leave the AW gathering early ... didja notice that Momi said the gig was July 14?
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  05:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for the size issues Wanda - I'm still getting used to the finer points of posting pictures. I need to resize photos b/4 posting. I think it's funny that this post in the testing section is getting so much play! Part of it is that Guava Sunrise and Retro are hassling (friendly-ly) with each other - a regular pasttime for both of them.

And the sounds that Noeau gets from that lovely guitar are as beautiful as the guitar itself.

Edited by - Momi on 08/06/2007 05:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  05:30:11 AM  Show Profile
Well...tell the rest of us how fo' post da pichas. It is nice you have such fun folks to play with. I got nice pitchas of Martin, George, Bobby Ingano, & Alden; Aunty Genoa & Alan Akaka, Jerry Santos; Mike Ka`awa, Ocean & Paulie Kim; Patrick Landeza, Cyril, Dennis Kamakahi & Gary & Sheldeen Haleamau; pictures of the boats putting Don Ho into the sea; Lei Day at Kapi'olani Paka & da Shell (Cazimeros).

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  05:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Well...tell the rest of us how fo' post da pichas.

Guavasunrise might be a big help for you there - he's quite the friendly computer guru on a number of forums - possibly because he can write instructions in pidgin.

But ask him to lay off my pantlegs - ony good pair, you know.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  5:28:39 PM  Show Profile
With my guitar and Retro's pants we make one group. Here's a new contest: name the group and you win one home made malasada from momi.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  5:30:39 PM  Show Profile
OK I all pau. Where you take that picha above, Braddah Ed? Ho da nani. One big boat harbor thing and pretty sky.

Do I gotta pick out my pichas one at a time or is there a quicker way to do multiple pichas?

Mahalo fo' da kokua.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Edited by - wcerto on 08/06/2007 5:31:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Braddah Ed, you akamai. Mahalo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  05:32:05 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

With my guitar and Retro's pants we make one group. Here's a new contest: name the group and you win one home made malasada from momi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kolohebuggah
"Kani Ka Puka Pants"! Ho, I can taste that one malasada right now... (drools)

Would help if Momi knew HOW to make malassadas! (I get couple of Portagee friends, but I've never made anything where the dough has to rise.) You might have to settle for haupia (too easy?) or, maybe, if get time, Okinawan imo/haupia pie. (Eh, Noeau, no make promises I no can keep!)

[later that same morning]

I think I re-sized the picture too small, and I don't think I re-size up again. But at least Wanda doesn't have to scroll to the right to see Slipry 1.

Edited by - Momi on 08/07/2007 05:44:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  06:54:18 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise
Photobucket's Tuturials

Is a Tuturial a tutorial from a Tutu?

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  08:08:37 AM  Show Profile
And Puna's voice is as good as his eye! Puna, you and Keonaona going to Kalama?

Edited by - Momi on 08/07/2007 08:28:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000