Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 2008 Na Hoku Lifetime Achievement Awards
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  04:42:36 AM  Show Profile
From Wayne Harada's column in today's Honolulu Advertiser:

LIFETIMERS: While the laurels won't be formally bestowed till March 2008, Hawai'i Academy of Recording Arts president Marlene Sai says the next Na Hoku Hanohano Award Lifetime Achievement winners will be Jimmy Borges, Edna Farden Bekeart, Olomana, The Brothers Cazimero and Cyrus Green. The Board of Governors determines the choices, so those advocating future honorees can reach Sai at the HARA office at the Musicians Association.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

hwnmusiclives
`Olu`olu

USA
580 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  05:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnmusiclives's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Maria

From Wayne Harada's column in today's Honolulu Advertiser:

LIFETIMERS: While the laurels won't be formally bestowed till March 2008, Hawai'i Academy of Recording Arts president Marlene Sai says the next Na Hoku Hanohano Award Lifetime Achievement winners will be Jimmy Borges, Edna Farden Bekeart, Olomana, The Brothers Cazimero and Cyrus Green. The Board of Governors determines the choices, so those advocating future honorees can reach Sai at the HARA office at the Musicians Association.

And as for Cyrus Green, it's about time. The others were long overdue, too. But I suppose we can't honor them all at once.

Join me for the history of Hawaiian music and its musicians at Ho`olohe Hou at www.hoolohehou.org.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  07:01:25 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Edna Farden Bekeart

I am so pleased too, for Auntie Edna. A little while ago she wrote a nice song celebrating the Hawaiian Grammies, now she gets an award herself.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 10/30/2007 07:03:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000