Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SCSKS at Kaisen's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  12:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Reid,
I get the "low down" on the weather from the familial intel community in Bristol, RI (Mom and Dad, Brother (Newport) and Sister (Warren), plus spent a few years in East Providence so you can't fool me! I agree on late SEPT/early OCT but any other time is an "adventure".

Sure would love to have you and Sarah entertain us one SCSKS Open Mic! We'll give you the whole night -- on second thought I'd give you my time slot. I'd get that "Dusty Face" and Terry might start writing more songs in Terry-Patch (a "soulful" D minor tuning) if I thought I had the authority to give away their time allotments. I'll just keep that s$$#-eating grin, sit back, and enjoy the company!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1005 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  10:42:09 AM  Show Profile
It's actually F minor
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  12:23:17 PM  Show Profile
freakin minor?
I stand corrected.

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  11:51:01 AM  Show Profile
REMINDER -- WE ARE BACK ON SCHEDULE TOMORROW NIGHT 8JAN08.
Dusty will not be there (lucky dog).

Edited by - Mika ele on 01/08/2008 08:36:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  07:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage

Did you mean 8JAN08?

Wish I was closer...
have fun, guys...
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  08:38:43 AM  Show Profile
T-Dan,
Oops, corrected. What is your latest project? Anything like "Surf's Up"? That was great animation. I also saw the trailers for "Alvin and the Chipmunks" -- you should see them chipmunks doing a song and dance to "Funky Town"!

Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  5:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
haven't seen da Chipmunks yet....
I moved from Sony to Digital Domain in Venice in November to work on "Speed Racer." Only a few weeks left on that short project...
You guys doing a workshop wit' Jeff down south the weekend of SlackKeyFest? I've got tickets to da show an' also da pre-show meet'n'greet at Duke's in Malibu on Saturday...See you there?
Go to Top of Page

kaniala5
Akahai

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  06:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Send kaniala5 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha from Port Hueneme! Looks like San Diego is the place to be on Tuesdays! I was in Hawaii nursing my son back to health while you guys were jammin'. He is still on the slow road to recovery. I am enrolled school this semester and work a lot. I plan to be at the festival next week though. See you there. :-Daniel

Look for reasons to be happy rather than excuses to be miserable.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  10:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Daniel,
We are a small but dedicated few that keep the weekly Open Mic going. When we stop having fun we'll stop doing it. If you are a regular visitor you might hear us play the same songs more than once (chuckle). We have been coming up with new monikers -- Southern California Slack Key Society will remain the group name but sometimes sounds like "Society of Seven" or something.
One moniker bandied about last night was the "Slack Street Boyz". Chunky Monkey (Terry) is [Sad Slack] because he sometimes plays in minor tunings. BBenzel (Bill) is [Tamarack Slack] (after the local beach where he hangs out and writes new songs). I am either [Slick Slack] or [Loquacious Slack] depending on who is trying to dis me on the stage.

Caricature of Dusty by T-Dan
Dusty is [Retro Slack] :-) because he is always playing the "old school" songs that everyone loves.
If Rik doesn't start showing up we will be calling him [Ex Slacks]. I forget what we were laughing about for Marzullo (Keith).
In any case, if you are down our way on a Tuesday night please join us. The food is good and the company better. The music is so-so (, just kidding).

Edited by - Mika ele on 01/09/2008 11:07:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Daniel will be here in the AM on the day of the slack key festival - so I'm thinking everyone will meet. Daniel - did you find that young skating lady?? Maybe get Rik next Tuesday? Is Keith around now? Or back to school soon?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  6:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Nice work T-Dan! I always love your caricatures.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  8:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Dick and I are coming from up north... and Rik promises to come too.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  08:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Ya mean "Ex Slacks" will be coming by?

ehhhh . . . but will you all play?

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile
WOW!!!

We had a special guest appearance by [shakabra] Ivan Ho'opi'i last night. He is visiting our fair city (from Waianae) for a work conference.

WOW!!!

He was doggin' us all during our sets and saying, nah, I don't play that well, you guys just go up and play, I don't have my guitar, etc. (you get the picture) Then we finally talked him onto the stage and into Dusty's mighty fine Taylor guitar (duh . . we all play Taylors . . ) and

WHAMMY! DIS DUDE CAN PLAY!

Really. Andy gave Chunky and me a heads up, Chunky picked him up at his hotel (and I hope dropped him off too) and brought him up to our humble eatery to join us and talk story.

All I can say is . . I am glad I didn't have to get up on stage after him -- WOW!

Ivan - Mahalo Nui Loa Bruddah. It was a real pleasure to meet you and hear you play AND sing (ohmygosh) I almost forgot to say

DIS MAN CAN SING!

Our resident Kanaka Wahine Groupie said she had Chicken Skin all during his set -- me too

Edited by - Mika ele on 02/14/2008 11:30:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

shakabrah
Aloha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Much Mahalo 2 U ALL
Mike I'll pay you lata's for the nice words plenty mahalOOOOOO's, BILL,Dusty,Mike and Terry, I think these guys are ready for the next slack key concert and for the Hula Dancer ( Aunty Momi ) she is ready for the Hula Festival

Hope to see you guys soon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000