Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 I Am Legend- the movie
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  3:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kakou,

Please excuse my absence but have been steadily and increasingly busy with work and life. I check on you all often and I'm glad to see that Slack Key is alive and well.

One of my projects this year has been training dogs. Some of you may remember Kona, my female German Shepherd. She just completed a movie in which Will Smith was the Co-Star (ha). The movie "I Am Legend" comes out tomorrow December 14 in theaters everywhere. If you happen to go, know that she loves to listen to slack key and like most of us, falls fast asleep to the nahenahe sounds of Kihoalu.

Enjoy the movie!

Aloha,

Kiwini and Kona

Edited by - Kiwini on 12/15/2007 06:55:48 AM

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Cool, im planning on seeing that movie. Heres my slack key doggie, his name is Oki, he sometimes cries and whines when i play, that cant be good...

Lee
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Oki is really pretty. What breed is Oki?

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:11:07 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kiwini

Aloha e Kakou,

One of my projects this year has been training dogs. Enjoy the movie!

Steve
Do you train your dogs for other types of things also like Agility?, Search and Rescue? Tracking? Obedience? etc? Are you an APDT member?
My wife does a lot of training and also teaches dog training to others.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Norm, he's a Shiba Inu, japanese breed.
Lee

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Kiwini,

A slack key lovin' dog in the movies?!?! I'll have to see that. Congrats to you and Kona!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  7:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Kihoalukid, I think that the Shiba Inu is a gorgeous breed as verified by Oki. What a beautiful dog.

Salmonella, I am not currently a member of APDT but that is not out of want. I plan to join soon. I breed GSD's and got my training certifcation throught the Animal Behaviour College in Southern California. I do mostly private obedience lessons. We do have a dog that is trained and works in Bomb Detection. Many of the disciplines that you asked about take a lot of time which seems to be scarce these days. Gotta save time for slack key practice. Priorities.

Mahalo Andy. I sent you a request on instructions to upload Kona's picture.

Enjoy the Movie!
Go to Top of Page

ArtSap
Lokahi

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  08:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArtSap's Homepage  Send ArtSap a Yahoo! Message
Howzit Braddah Kiwini! I was glad to see the ads promoting the long-awaited release of this movie - cuz brah, how long you been tellin' me bout dis now? Nah, nah - jus kidding. Congrats to both you and Kona and much aloha...

Art
SF Bay Area, CA / Mililani, HI
"The real music comes from within you - not from the instrument"

Edited by - ArtSap on 12/14/2007 08:51:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  08:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Yo Kiwini!
Awesome...we all will be cheering in the theatres when we see Kiwini!
Braddah Don in Kona!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  10:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Here is the pic of Smith and the dog, and a mention of an "expressive German Shepherd".
http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/movies/14lege.html

...Reid

Edited by - Reid on 12/14/2007 10:56:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  4:40:11 PM  Show Profile
E Kiwini,

I love the dog, but since I grew up in two war-torn countries, I can not go to movies that are violent. (I become very aggressive and defensive myself.) But I saw a photo of said dog in our local newspaper, and was impressed. No hip displacure? A handsome animal!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  5:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Kiwini,

My wife and I saw the movie today and your dog is a superb actor! We enjoyed it very much. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I will say no more.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  08:18:13 AM  Show Profile
From the BBC:

Legend in record US chart debut

Smith plays the last man on Earth in the film
Sci-fi thriller I Am Legend, starring Will Smith, has scored a record opening at the North American box office chart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched "At the Movies" last night on ABC. They gave it an outstanding review (even though it is a remake of the original story - Omega Man apparently was the first, based on an old Sci-Fi story, but they liked this new Will Smith version better).

But MORE IMPORTANTLY, they said the the dog should be nominated FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR/DOG!

Congratulations Kiwini!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 12/17/2007 08:20:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  8:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo everyone!

As is the case of most animal actors there was more than one dog that played the part of Sam. In this movie there were actually 4 dogs. There was Abbey and Kona who played the adult dog, and Nikki which played the puppy. A fourth dog was brought in to do one snarl scene. It was so surreal to see her on the silver screen.

Mahalo Nui!

Kiwini
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  05:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kiwini!!
Now can you quit your day job and relax to a life of leisure playing slack key?
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  02:42:52 AM  Show Profile
Way cool! Congratulations on all the hard work. Give some extra treats for Christmas.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000