Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Led Kaapana/Waltz of the Wiind
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  08:37:40 AM  Show Profile
I really like the twinkle in his eye and high pitched laugh (whee-heee) he lets out when he lays down some really incredible licks on the guitar, then stares at the fretboard and then you as if to say,
quote:
I really don't know HOW my fingers do that, but ain't it COOL!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  5:13:35 PM  Show Profile
The "best" is always the one the individual feels touches their own heart the most. That said, a great many people listen to a very narrow range of music. If I mention ukulele in most north Ohio circles, the name that comes to mind is Tiny Tim. Usually accompanied with rolling eyes and laughter. Most of us didn't get what Tiny Tim was all about. We listened from our Stones/ Beatles /Airplane perspective, and saw Tiny as some sort of Rowan& Martin-ish gag.I quit watching award shows a long long time ago, and stopped paying attention to such lists. They're only relevant from the perspective of the listor.Clapton got airplay, so a lot of people recognise his name. But all the Freddie King/Magic Sam stuff EC plays goes unrecognized by the mass audience. And the list is terribly skewed toward electric guitar.
Now, define "Best". What's the best food? Pickles? Ice cream? Steak? For what purpose? Breakfast? I'm not a pickles for breakfast kind of guy. Just a little quirk I have. I don't go very many days without listening to Pua Ena, By Dennis Kamakahi, Hamilton Ironworks by John Hartford, Live In Elko by Gary McMahan,or The Banjo Of The Cowboys by Bob Flesher. That makes 4 strikes for me. None of them are on the list, and two don't feature guitars. And Guitar is my main instrument. Don't let someone else's list irritate you. Make your own list,you have as much right as Rolling Stone.And think about Patrick Costello a bit.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello

Edited by - rendesvous1840 on 01/29/2008 5:15:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000