Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Diego is a hotbed for Kanikapila...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
gary,

did you seing at kealani's a few years ago?

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Falsetto2002
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

Yes that was me. Me, Uncle Eddie Pahinui, Russell Pahinui...sometimes Uncle Boddy Houmukini.

Daz was us.

Gary

Leo Ki'eki'e
Kalei
Go to Top of Page

Falsetto2002
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  6:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Would be fun to go back, but work will not let me do that at this time. School bus driver and only get to head out on school holidays. Here is the YouTube video from me helping out a halau in Seattle at the NW Folk Life Festival. Here should be more of me at the festival. But there could be more that would be posted. We are playing music at LIVE ALOHA in Seattle on September 7, 2008.

quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Gary,
Come back to SD and let us hear your voice! Let me know if you are in the area.
Mike

Leo Ki'eki'e
Kalei
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  07:25:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
gary,

just echoing mike's wishes - i know it's a loong way from seattle to san diego. it was such a pleasure when you were here.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  06:29:32 AM  Show Profile
It it always a pleasure to have newcomers to our weekly Open Mike. I guess we are getting a reputation -- one that I hope is that we are a warm and welcoming group of slack key supporters.

Last night we had a visitor from the north shore of Oahu and one of our taropatchers [slackkeymom] come by and grace our small stage. It can be pretty intimidating to play slack key before a "packed house" of noisy sushi patrons and very young birthday party celebrants . Kendyl's young daughter wanted to give her Mom moral support and almost refused to leave the stage . What a treat to have Kendyl show us her licks on her Goodall guitar. She just ramped right in to a medley of tunes that knocked our socks off. Then she shifted quickly into F Wahine tuning and flawlessly played some Keola Beamer standards -- Ku'u Lei Awapuhi Melemele, and Kalena Kai. I can assure you we were all listening and enjoying! Bravo Zulu (Navy talk for --Well Done!) Please come back again!

Kapena Mika'ele

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  1:21:34 PM  Show Profile
I will be in Chula Vista on Saturday June 6. Is there any gathering going on that a beginner (guitar, no ukulele) would be welcome at?
Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000