Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Nā Hōkū Hanohano Tonight
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Anyone trying to watch? Bummer on the technical difficulties. Mostly, I have no video with intermittent audio.

Not just an internet issue? Sounds like the show will be rebroadcast on K5 Saturday at 10:30.

AM or PM?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Rebroadcasts will be 5:30PM and 10:30PM Saturday night.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  4:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
I have to set my VCR again for the rebroadcast of this very important night on Saturday night. It was so good until this showed up "Technical Difficulties" Please Stand by. Thanks for letting me the times that it will be rebroadcast. Now, I wonder if the 5:30PM rebroadcast on Saturday night will still have technical difficulties or is it fixed?

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Edited by - hawaiianmusiclover06 on 06/18/2008 4:26:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  5:53:09 PM  Show Profile
The problems was the connection between the Convention Center and KHNL. I believe that they recorded the program at the convention center, so the rebroadcasts should be OK, unless they have other broadcast issues not related to yesterday's debacle. I have been told by people who were at the show that the audio was spectacular, the best ever. For the first time they had separate room and TV mixes, with the TV engineers below the venue so they would not be affected by ambient sound.

Edited by - keoladonaghy on 06/18/2008 5:53:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by keoladonaghy

I have been told by people who were at the show that the audio was spectacular, the best ever.
I heard that too.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  7:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:

The problems was the connection between the Convention Center and KHNL. I believe that they recorded the program at the convention center, so the rebroadcasts should be OK, unless they have other broadcast issues not related to yesterday's debacle. I have been told by people who were at the show that the audio was spectacular, the best ever. For the first time they had separate room and TV mixes, with the TV engineers below the venue so they would not be affected by ambient sound.

Thanks for letting me know... I appreciate it.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  01:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Is that HST or my time?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  07:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Audio in the hall was great. The tribute performance with Aunty Genoa's granddaughter was spectacular.

K5 also posted the performances here:

http://k5thehometeam.com/

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/

Edited by - Darin on 06/19/2008 07:22:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  07:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:

I have been told by people who were at the show that the audio was spectacular, the best ever. For the first time they had separate room and TV mixes, with the TV engineers below the venue so they would not be affected by ambient sound.
Pali noted elsewhere "to help out the audio this year for TV, we went with 2 stages, main and 'acoustic', and had DJ Pratt mixing in a completely separate room downstairs." If Pratt was mixing the sound for TV, it had to be good. But who did the (reportedly excellent) hall mix?

Still wondering if K5 will be streaming the rebroadcasts for us unfortunate non-island folks. Thank you for continuing to gather and share this information, Keola, from your far-away locale.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  10:14:19 AM  Show Profile
The performances were absolutely amazing. Darrin - how in the world can your fingers move like that! I enjoyed the dancing by Halau Hula o Kamalei and the Bros. Cazimero -- both Robert and Roland's beautiful voices. But most of all, the chicken skin, was the tribute to our departed kupuna. The one that particularly touched me was Bobby Moderow's heartfelt tribute to Uncle Raymond by playing and singing Wai o ke aniani.

And Pilioha, nice. And Hoku Zuttermeister, nice. And John Cruz, nice. And on and on and on. I had heard the name of Kelly Boy deLima, but neva heard him. Wow!

We are fortunate to have electronic majic like the internet so folks way over here in Ohio can see some of what you folks enjoyed.

Thanks, Keola, for letting us know about this.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  1:18:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm still waiting on word regarding a possible re-stream. The instant I know I'll post here.

Phil Spalding did 200+ pics of the event, link's up on the HARA websites.

Re: broadcast times, there are in HST. Re: a re-stream - I specifically requested that they do it at a time that is better for the mainland audience, but I can only suggest at this point.

Edited by - keoladonaghy on 06/19/2008 1:18:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

keoladonaghy
Lokahi

257 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile
FYI: The musical performances only are now available on K5's site:

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/Global/category.asp?C=140363
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  4:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations to Jeff Peterson!

For winning 2 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards! The prestigious 2008 Na Hoku Hanohano Ki ho'alu Award and The Na Hoku Hanohano Award for "Instrumental Album of the Year" for "Pure Slack Key!"

Congrats to all the winners and performers. I am so glad that technology allows us to watch wherever we are in the world.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000