Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Seattle-area workshops with STEVEN ESPANIOLA & JEF
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  6:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Just makin' Retro's post more visible:

Presently on a West Coast tour, Steven Espaniola (named “New Artist of the Year” in 2007) & Jeff Peterson (multiple Hoku-Award winner) are presenting an opportunity to study with them in an intimate workshop setting, in conjunction with their free concert in Kenmore, WA.

Both workshops will take place in a private home in Bellevue, near BCC, from 7:00 – 8:30 pm, on Wednesday, July 16. Suggested donation: $30. Please bring any snacks & beverages for yourself and sharing.

`Ukulele - Steven Espaniola
Steven will be covering various Hawaiian rhythm patterns and strumming techniques. This class is geared towards beginner and intermediate levels.

Slack Key Guitar - Jeff Peterson
Jeff will be teaching an intermediate level class that will cover songs, techniques, chords, improvising and harmony in taro patch tuning, drop C, and open D.

To register for these workshops, please drop an e-mail to Jean Smith at neeej – at – aol – dot – com. She’ll give you her address and directions, if needed.

CONCERT INFO ---
Kenmore Summer Concert Series, Saint Edward State Park, Kenmore, WA
Thursday, July 17, 6:00 – 8:00 pm ~~~ FREE!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
To help keep costs low for the tour, I’ve been asked to put out the word that if anyone would be available to volunteer (a) lodging and/or (b) transportation for these two fun guys while they are in the area, please let me know, and I’ll put you in touch with their tour coordinator. You can drop me a line at UncleGregg – at – comcast – dot – net.

--Jean S

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  1:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Still got room for a couple more folks Wednesday - drop a note to Jean if ya wants in!

Transport/lodging is taken care of - MAHALO to Tim!

Hope to see many of you at the concert on Thursday. They MIGHT be on the air at KBCS Thursday at 3:00, too - awaiting confirmation.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  12:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Thanks, all - they had a great time, and so did we!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000