Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 youtube - Ohta-San(Herb Ohta) playing ALOHA OE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  01:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
I know Wanda is the You Tube Goddess and I am in NO WAY trying to take her job but I gotta post this one
My only problem is I can not decide does it make me sad cause I miss Hawaii so much or happy cause I love the music and the thoughts of all the love in the song. Ahh music it gives us so much.
ALOHA OE / Ohta-San(Herb Ohta)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KtYwWbVFs

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy

Edited by - NANI on 10/30/2008 03:23:35 AM

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  02:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Nani - that was absolutely beautiful. That song never fails to make me misty eyed, and Ohta-san plays it as only he can.

But you scared the bejeebers out of me when I saw Aloha `Oe/ Ohta-San. I thought it meant he was no longer here with us.....yikes. Now I can put my heart back inside my chest.

And I can use all the help anyone wants to give with the You Tube stuff. E komo mai.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  03:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Sorry for the fright I can see where that might happen. I have fixed it. I am a little scatter Brained. Our Daughter has just announced that she will be joining us in Hawaii in Feb. TO GET MARRIED. Thats right I have 4 months to organize a wedding 5,000 miles away! HELP I will need a vacation when this is over. Luckey the guest list is TINY! Since I leave for Hawaii in 50 days.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  06:35:06 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the wedding, Nancy! My opinion, nothing can be more romantic than a wedding in Hawai`i. And having the Keali`i Reichel song, The Road That Never Ends sung during the ceremony. Now THAT is romantic. Not ho`onipo romantic, waimaka romanatic. You can watch the TV show "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway". They had some folks on the other day who were spending $40,000 on 40 guests. Can you imagine????Hire a wedding planner -- no fuss, no muss.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  10:07:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:
... having the Keali`i Reichel song, The Road That Never Ends sung during the ceremony. Now THAT is romantic ...

Ooooh! Jan and I know that song, Nancy, if you want to take us along, too. We did it for our daughter, our nephew, our other nephew, friends' daughters, and friends, so we're pretty well in practice. We wouldn't even charge you!

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Nice try, Ben!

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Nice try, Ben!

She hasn't said "NO!!!" .... yet

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  05:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Sure Ben you know your ALWAYS welcom why you can play and Jan can sing. I leave on Dec. 20th

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000