Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Kine Bass
 Ukulele basses for sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  3:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Guess what!?!?

My crazy cowboy friend sent me three AWESOME uke basses. These basses play in the same octave as an upright bass, and they are SO MUCH FUN! We're keeping one, and offering the other two for sale on his behalf:

1 fretless baritone uke bass, mahogany with tortoise shell trim, double bass pickups installed, comes with case for $500.

1 fretted baritone uke bass, mahogany with tortoise shell trim, double bass pickups installed, comes with case for $500.

If I still have them by December 13th, I'll bring them to the

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  3:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
aloha, i'd be interested in picking up one of the two. do you have pics to share?
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  3:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
or a way of contacting him? any information would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  2:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Or pics??

Or the name of the maker??

Sheesh, talk about hanging the bone just out of the puppy's reach!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  08:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm guessing they're sold...I emailed for pics just after the initial post and never received any.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  11:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
I'm guessing they're sold...I emailed for pics just after the initial post and never received any.

Which I would have guessed had I taken the time to look at the date of the original posting...

I'm tellin' ya, Craig, I'm hiring you to fact check the minute I get my government bailout.
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  1:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
das da troof...lol. hey, there's going to be a kanikapila saturday, i hope i can sneak away to go. maybe i'll get more info and share here...ttyl
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  06:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
I'm so SORRY!

I had posted this thread back in November and had returned very little interest. Craig, I had forwarded your info to the maker. All this time I assumed you had been in contact with him, I should have followed up with you, my mistake, sorry. Hadn't realized the thread had picked up back on the 9th. Was so busy setting up the kanikapila and other stuff, my mistake again.

The maker of these basses is a cowboy named Craig Moore, who lives on Maui. He's new to the industry, so I don't know if you'll find anything online about him, but you could try. He makes ukulele basses from soprano sizes through baritones. All his basses are existing ukulele's (I think most are Kala) and then he hand crafts them into basses.

I do have one left for sale. It's a fretless baritone, mahogany body, tortoise shell trim, soft case, $500. Let me know if you want to see it. Email me from the taropatch board and I'll give you my phone number, and we can set up a time and place for you guys to check it out.

Sadly, Craig is having some personal issues at the present time. Because of this, I'm not comfortable committing to any more basses unless I have them in hand. If I get more, I'll let you know, but in the mean time, it's just this one.

Again you guys, I have to apologize for not responding sooner, especially to Craig.

A Hui Hou, Lanet
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Thanks for the clarification.

Since Craig was first in line & Robert 2nd, I'll wait in the back of the bus. B'sides, I do have four basses now that I finished restoring my 1967 Framus. Sheesh.

Craig, Robert-- get on it, dudes!

But I sure wish you'd post a picture! You can send one to Andy and he can stick it up so we all can see it.

cheers,

Mark

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  1:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
No worries Lanet, although I was on Oahu between Christmas and New Year and could have stopped by to see it in person! I'm never did hear from the maker (that sounds like a line from Star Wars) but I'm going to have to pass anyway for now...what little extra money I have at the moment is earmarked for upgrading my regular ukulele from a concert to to a tenor.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 01/16/2009 1:31:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

abrigoohana
Lokahi

271 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit abrigoohana's Homepage
Post a picture, dudes, you are pushing my computer skills to the max with this one! Thank you though, the more I have to do, the more I'll learn. OK, let's see here...

I tried, and I failed. I'll email it to Andy. I'm defeated.

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  2:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
I tried, and I failed. I'll email it to Andy. I'm defeated.

Hardly. The essence of living well is to try your best... and then to get someone else to do it.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  3:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Failing just means you're one step closer to success.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  5:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
No worries, Lanet. Thanks for sending the photo.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  08:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
That is a very cool looking little bass. It appears to have the strings I talked about from Road Toad--haven't got around to sticking 'em my Ashbory yet but the sure felt better than the silcone ones.

More questions for ya: Is it the same size as a baritone uke? That would be nice, as the short scale of a tenor could make the intonation dodgey.

Also, since I can't tell from the photo-- is this one fretted, or does it have fret markings?

Lastly-- what's the pickup system?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  08:54:22 AM  Show Profile
That is one cool `uku!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic