Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Taropatch.net on Facebook
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha everyone. I finally gave in to the pressure and made a facebook page a few months ago. Friends told me that I was incorrect in assuming that facebook is only for highschool and college students. Although that is where facebook started, its fastest growing segment are adults. I actually reconnected with old highschool and college classmates, former colleagues and childhood friends. Pretty cool.

Recently, I've been randomly crossing paths with other Taropatchers. Last night, I created a Taropatch.net group so 'patchers can find each other on FB. I'm not encouraging you to leave the 'patch; but if you happen to have a FB page, now we've got another place to connect.

Andy

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  5:16:18 PM  Show Profile
I too assumed the same as you, Andy. But a couple of weeks ago I was trying to get to a facebook link that was posted on another forum I visit and created a short profile just so I could get to it. Surprisingly, I was contacted by an old high school classmate a few days later and then, as you know, I saw your name there as well as several other Taropatchers.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  08:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Have fun with it, youse guyz. I don't want to be found by most of my old schoolmates, and I've stayed in touch with the ones I did want to.
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  09:27:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

I don't want to be found

Hmmm, part of your mysterious past, no doubt.

Puna
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  11:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Andy, I am a part of Taropatch.net on Facebook. Cool idea! I been in contact with some of high school friends. Keep up the good work Andy!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  1:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Go FB! I joined you guys but haven't written on the wall yet. But you just wait, I will!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000