Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jam sesh
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kimoslice808
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey howzit erribody dis is KImo im 15 and just looking to see if there are any highschol students interested in playnig traditional Hawaiian music because I fell like da only young braddah out here dat is get a me.

Aloha,
Kimo

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Where's your general geographic location, Kimo? Maybe we can help you hook up with a local kanikapila. Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Profile sez he's in Honolulu.
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Retro. Kimo, you'll find a lot of braddah's at:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum

A lot of teens (and adults) network ova deah. It's run by a high school music teacher in Hawaii (Aldrine Guererro). Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  04:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Kimo. Is this Auntie Wanda & Unko Paul's Kimo from Waikiki? The nice young man who stopped to play music with us one day and then we went da beach and you met Unko Duke and Unko Jay and your eyes just about popped outta your head when you saw Kaimane Gardner? Is dat da right Kimo?

I know you will be able to find some younger folks to play with, because you no shame to approach strangers for making music, oddawise, you would not have come play music wit old futs like us. I cannot believe the school does not have an `ukulele club or something ldat. And you could send an e-mail to PM Jr. through Taro Patch. You know he goes to your school. Also Timi Abrigo is about 14 or 15 and they have the kanikapila once a month on Saturday afternoons at High Ground Cafe in Wahiawa. Maybe can catch a ride wit someone.

Auntie and Unko send their aloha! We going be back in August for Slack Key Festival.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  7:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Eh Kimo

Next time we play on the weekend I going make sure I invite you. Kinda hahd cause you told me you get basketball practice plus da games.No make plans fo' Feb 21st from 2pm-4pm I tink das one Saturday cause we goin' drag you to Wahiawa for one kanikapila at Higher Ground Cafe.If get game dat day tell da coach you get da runs or sumtin, so you can come wit us lidatNah nah oni jokin'

Shootz
Uncle Duke

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

Kimoslice808
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:40:13 AM  Show Profile
HAHA keh shoot shoot, but yeah by den i no more basketball dis is da last week ends dis SAturday, so if can can eh?? thanks for da help.

Aloha,
Kimo
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Eh Kimo

Next time we play on the weekend I going make sure I invite you. Kinda hahd cause you told me you get basketball practice plus da games.No make plans fo' Feb 21st from 2pm-4pm I tink das one Saturday cause we goin' drag you to Wahiawa for one kanikapila at Higher Ground Cafe.If get game dat day tell da coach you get da runs or sumtin, so you can come wit us lidatNah nah oni jokin'

Shootz
Uncle Duke

Go to Top of Page

Kimoslice808
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Braddah

Aloha,
Kimo
quote:
Originally posted by ricdoug

Thanks, Retro. Kimo, you'll find a lot of braddah's at:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum

A lot of teens (and adults) network ova deah. It's run by a high school music teacher in Hawaii (Aldrine Guererro). Ric

Go to Top of Page

Kimoslice808
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:43:49 AM  Show Profile
Yepp dis is him. Cannot wait gotta get togeda for jam... YEEHEE

Aloha,
Kimo
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Aloha e Kimo. Is this Auntie Wanda & Unko Paul's Kimo from Waikiki? The nice young man who stopped to play music with us one day and then we went da beach and you met Unko Duke and Unko Jay and your eyes just about popped outta your head when you saw Kaimane Gardner? Is dat da right Kimo?

I know you will be able to find some younger folks to play with, because you no shame to approach strangers for making music, oddawise, you would not have come play music wit old futs like us. I cannot believe the school does not have an `ukulele club or something ldat. And you could send an e-mail to PM Jr. through Taro Patch. You know he goes to your school. Also Timi Abrigo is about 14 or 15 and they have the kanikapila once a month on Saturday afternoons at High Ground Cafe in Wahiawa. Maybe can catch a ride wit someone.

Auntie and Unko send their aloha! We going be back in August for Slack Key Festival.

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  1:53:37 PM  Show Profile
Kimo - did I ever send you the picture I took while you were playing `ukulele with Unko Paul?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Kimoslice808
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  8:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Aunty Wanda-
Yeah, I got em
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

Kimo - did I ever send you the picture I took while you were playing `ukulele with Unko Paul?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000