Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Steel Guitar
 Bobby Ingano in Southern California
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Slackhead
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  8:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Slackhead's Homepage
Just wanted to let everyone know that Bobby is going to be participating in a workshop and show in Southern California in February. He is on our most recent album of music from our shows on Maui. Owana Salazar and Sonny Lim will also be part of the workshop in steel guitar and the show.

All this takes place at Manhattan Beach Community Church on Saturday, February 7. The workshops run from 10am to noon and cost $25. The show follows at 1:30pm and the ticket price is $20.

More information is available at www.slackkey.com.

Slackhead

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  11:40:34 AM  Show Profile
If you happen to be close to Bobby at the show, pay close attention. He makes all sorts of sound effects when the situation warrants, and looks to see if people noticed. Show him you heard,and watch his face light up. None of us could get up in front of an audience if we didn't have some HAM inside us. Bobby enjoys watching us enjoy his performance. Without a doubt my favorite steel player.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

justplainbill
Akahai

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  7:47:25 PM  Show Profile
When you get to know Bobby , you will hear lots of jokes. He knows a bunch
Go to Top of Page

Ron Whitfield
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  12:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Ask him for the secret recipe to portugese sausage...

www.hwnsge.5u.com - www.jerrybyrd-fanclub.com
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  6:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
Bobby is truly a master at his craft, but beyond that, he's a great human being. It seems he has time for everyone, especially our youth who seem to look for some stability in their lives. 'Music is the way' Bobby says. God bless him!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  02:15:41 AM  Show Profile
I love that kolohe twinkle in his eye. And he has plenty aloha. What a guy, what a guy. He makes the sweetest sounds with his steel guitar(s).

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000