Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Case for a flight..
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slapbass
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:08:41 AM  Show Profile
You guys think Im safe using the nylon hardcase that musicmic gives ya when you purchase a kala on an airplane..
Any tips would be great..Loosening the strings etc etc..

I do have a mele hardshell as well..But it seems the kala tenor is bigger than the kala..

Any tips aprreciated...Thanx

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  09:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
Are you planing to take it as carry on? if so than you should be fine. I have used my nylon case in carryo on several times with no problem. The only issue is IF they take it away and insist that it go as baggage then would you trust the case to make it thru? I am not sure what I would trust short of a locked Hard case well padded. Do not bother slacking the strings if it will be in the cabin with you it will not be a problem unless exposed to changes in air pressure in baggage compartment. So I have been told. Last trip I managed to get my ukulele case inside my suitcase and then packed around it. that worked out very well then I only had to worry about them losing my luggage. Don't you LOVE flying. :-)

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

slapbass
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  04:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanx for info..The airlines says it has a max of total inches..And wouldnt you know it the total inches of the case is 46-1/2"..
With my luck they would probably make me check it in..
Ill probably pack my cheap soprano in the suitcase..
Im going to Oklahoma for a week and will have withdrawls if I dont!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000