Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Keeping track of topics
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ongchua
Akahai

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  10:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Is there a way that we can be notified by email whenever someone responds to a particular topic?

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  10:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Hans,

We used to offer email subscriptions to a topic, category or entire board. Unforunately, the subscription feature was turned off because it was slowing the performance of our forum.

I suggest using the "Active Topics" link found in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Pink folders indicate new topics from the last time you visited.

Thanks for registering and posting.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Actually, if you use the "Active Topics" link in conjunction with the "Since last visit" selection in the combo box in the active topics page, all you see is updated topics since your last visit.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  11:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Unforunately, the subscription feature was turned off because it was slowing the performance of our forum.
I should also add that as our membership grew and posting frequency increased, people found the email notification to be too much for their inboxes. Most found it easier to check the active topics page.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000